airscale

1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

Peter! I don't know whether to cheer or cry! I'm cheering because this is simply the most stunning model that I've ever seen and all your hard work has truly paid off. Not only that, it's my favourite type bar none! I mean it when I say that the only reason I'm coming to Telford this year is to see this beauty. I'm too skint to go for any other reason!  :rolleyes:

I want to cry because your updates have been my highlight for visiting here. I'm really going to miss the journey we've all been on with you during this build. 

The next NMF build? I think I know what it is....I may have seen the real one at Duxford.....Nice plane, bl**dy awful drink!  :coolio:

Best regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

This has to go down as the most incredible build that I have ever seen on here. It looks like you could open up that filler port, pour in some fuel, and it would fly around the pylons at Reno.  Almost sad to see it finished, but I know the next project will be just as amazing Peter.  *cough,cough,Sea Hornet,cough,cough*

Matt  :frantic:

Well this Spitfire should walk the Edgar Brooks Memorial competition at Telford. What it would take to beat this build, sorry, work of art, is actually quite scary. I've often wondered if Mr Airscale is a Robot and was tempted to kick him in the genital area at Telford last year to see if there was a human like reaction or not. Luckily for the both of us he'd gone for a wander from his stand.

Well this Spitfire should walk the Edgar Brooks Memorial competition at Telford. What it would take to beat this build, sorry, work of art, is actually quite scary. I've often wondered if Mr Airscale is a Robot and was tempted to kick him in the genital area at Telford last year to see if there was a human like reaction or not. Luckily for the both of us he'd gone for a wander from his stand.

I still say he's a wizard, and his primary modelling tool is not an X-acto knife, but a magic wand shaped like one.

On a serious note, I have been building models on and off for most of my 71 years, and in my opinion this model certainly ranks with those of such "greats" as Harry Woodman, Tony Woollett, George Lee, and John Alcorn. Younger modelers may not recognize these names, but those of us in the "senior division" will certainly know who I'm talking about. I just wish I could make it to Telford this year to see it in person.