1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

Well this Spitfire should walk the Edgar Brooks Memorial competition at Telford. What it would take to beat this build, sorry, work of art, is actually quite scary. I've often wondered if Mr Airscale is a Robot and was tempted to kick him in the genital area at Telford last year to see if there was a human like reaction or not. Luckily for the both of us he'd gone for a wander from his stand.

Well this Spitfire should walk the Edgar Brooks Memorial competition at Telford. What it would take to beat this build, sorry, work of art, is actually quite scary. I've often wondered if Mr Airscale is a Robot and was tempted to kick him in the genital area at Telford last year to see if there was a human like reaction or not. Luckily for the both of us he'd gone for a wander from his stand.

I still say he's a wizard, and his primary modelling tool is not an X-acto knife, but a magic wand shaped like one.

On a serious note, I have been building models on and off for most of my 71 years, and in my opinion this model certainly ranks with those of such "greats" as Harry Woodman, Tony Woollett, George Lee, and John Alcorn. Younger modelers may not recognize these names, but those of us in the "senior division" will certainly know who I'm talking about. I just wish I could make it to Telford this year to see it in person.

So UTTERLY wonderful, there are no more superlatives to use, now that it is this close to the finish line............

As to the NEXT project.....................I know what MINE will be..............was hoping yours might be a larger version! 

Tigercat!

Finish the F7F please!

I second the motion of the honorable delegate from the Peach State!

1sted, 2nded, and 3rded!  There you go

Peter - as much as I'd like to see the Tigercat done (and I really really would, as I've said multiple times on this thread) ... what I enjoy most is watching your superb skills. Because you'll bring those to any build you do, I say go with where the mojo takes you, because with more mojo I get to look at more updates!! :D

Jim

well folks - she is done :)

my first ever RFI post is here

thank you to everyone, for looking, encouraging me, making me laugh, helping me out, adding references & gotchas and especially for all the kind words of encouragement..

I am proud, and very happy :)

WIP1609_zpsebe2mex2.jpg

TTFN

Peter