1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

What the.....

I just......

Can't even find the......

Every time I type something - it just comes out swear words Peter!

This is simply, absolutely, and unabashedly INSANE!

I can't even imagine the chuckles you must have had in your head whilst I tried to work out my "detailed" bits for the F-117A photo etch you were helping me with.  This is just beyond NUTS!!!

Please NEVER EVER STOP!!

goodness me, I am humbled, blushing, thrilled and a little embarrassed to receive such compliments from everyone, especially as they come from people I look up to and admire.

There is nothing special about what I do, just a few techniques anyone can learn and a willingness to keep re-doing something until that one little part is as good as I can possibly get it. It's a bit unfair actually as I think a WIP presents the gloss of a build, a bit like a movie director puts together the best cuts, and re-shoots the rubbish so you end up with something enjoyable - behind the scenes there is lots on the cutting room floor, lots of screw-ups and out-takes - things you never get to see...a bit like all the failed bits that litter my bench, the CA disasters, mis-measurement & calculations, bits that are inside out, upside down and the wrong way around - so yes, quite human and nothing special...  and thats without going into the ugly spectacle that is my painting skills...

anyways, enough navel gazing on my part - you are here hopefully to see some progress...

..actually, I only have a little done and I didn't take any pictures on the way, but I did finish one of the U/C doors by adding the channel sections to the top half and the mounting points where they attatch to the leg...

WIP618_zpssy1d1sx4.jpg

WIP619_zpsl7oox0om.jpg

WIP620_zpsqfm5z21o.jpg

..on the outside skin I used some tiny 1mm screws Uilleann sent me to get the fixings right - four can be seen here...

WIP624_zpsrvxrbz7z.jpg

..and here are mine..

WIP623_zpstgmsftn0.jpg

..and this is how the leg sits in the channel and where the mounting points will connect to the straps that hold them..

WIP621_zpsi3aa7xjb.jpg

WIP622_zpss1dxsfae.jpg

..the other door is not far behind, then I will finish the wheels and get the whole thing stood up on it's gear..

thats it for now

TTFN
Peter