Revell releasing new 1/32 F/A-18E Super Hornet?

wrbrdmech

I think it's been mentioned on here previously but, yes, they are going to produce a 1/32nd F-18E. It's in their latest catalogue but I don't know the release date. I originally thought it might be a re-issue/reboxing of the Trumpeter kit but, apparently, it is an all new tooling. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it and might even be tempted into getting one.

I'm not so sure ... the Revell Eurofighter is moe accurate that the Trump one, that's accepted , BUT the plastic in the kit  is soft , the moulded  in details are softer , there's flash , and overall there's a feeling of it being produced down to a price.. 

I ope the 18E/f is not like this , but I won't be first in the queue for this one I'm afraid

colinR

Edited by Scotsman

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, timvkampen said:

Apparently they are redoing the kit as a result of some serious - but constructive - criticism from the modelling community...so, they should get it right(er) this time...

I actually love hearing companies do that. Although I really dont have a dog in the Revell F-18 fight, I love it when I modeling company recognizes when something new they have designed needs some tweaking. It shows they are committed to making accurate models not that they are in the business of making semi scale models for profit only.

7 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I actually love hearing companies do that. Although I really dont have a dog in the Revell F-18 fight, I love it when I modeling company recognizes when something new they have designed needs some tweaking. It shows they are committed to making accurate models not that they are in the business of making semi scale models for profit only.

GWH (GreatWallHobbies) also listens. They re-designed the 1/48 F-15B/D if I recall correctly...

27 minutes ago, timvkampen said:

Apparently they are redoing the kit as a result of some serious - but constructive - criticism from the modelling community...so, they should get it right(er) this time...

This is good to hear.  I know the spine on the back was too squared off.   I gave up and bought the Trumpy after seeing the pics of the prototype at one of the shows.

22 hours ago, timvkampen said:

That would indeed be very laudable.

I do think that the required rework is pretty huge, the spine looked wrong, the LERX to wing root transition area was wrong and the exhaust area looked badly off... this is from pics I have seen online. All-in-all the model looked badly off to my eyes. Meanwhile the Trumpy Super looks generally correct and to my mind (I have built the EA-18G)  the major issues can all be addressed such that you end up with a generally decent rendition of the real thing. @ Revell: Go hire back the guy that did your 1/32 Tornado.

Cheers,

Marcel