Mk V'c' Spitfire converted from Tamiya IX'c'?

Anthony in NZ

For the engine covers, you can use the Tamiya kit ones, just remove the required amount at the rear of the panel, straightforward on the top panel, more complicated on the others, but if you have a spare set you can use them to mark out the line when you determine the correct length for the Mk.Vc.

Interesting that there seems to be variations in the cooler itself for the MkV, incl a different outlet for the Trop version. So check your refs if you are going to do a Tropical version. Actually I think the conversion wont be too difficult, its just getting the finer details correct as Spitfire are a minefield.....

I just did my cooler as the std one you see on most MkV. They tended to get beat up and dinged, squashed and re-panelbeaten in the field

IMG_0525_zpsabx9pjiy.jpg

Cheers

Anthony

Awesome Carl, you are a legend mate! Will PM you shortly

Proof of concept here that the Tamiya IX wing can be converted to a Vc wing relatively easily. If Roy makes the cooler then it will be easier again. When the engine cowls arrive from Carl, I will measure them up and if I can cut them back to represent a V cowl I will show you how...

IMG_0527%201_zpsstoehzyb.jpg

IMG_0526_zpsvp1xyqpl.jpg

Anyone have a drawing showing the differences between the 2? I seem to recall a drawing somewhere and I dont have it.

Cheers

Anthony