Tamiya Spitfire MK IX- Battle of Britain

Thanks Andy. I can't believe myself how much I've managed to complete already this year. There is still that issue of a couple Mossies though...

Speaking of Mosquito's Carl, I managed to pick up the Tamiya offering for £100.00GBP recently (firmly in the loft at the moment).........what a bargain and looking at the sprue's.......what a kit.........and I've also made a start on the Luftwaffe counterpart in the HpH Moskito.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Max, Peter, Andy, Kev and Shaka!

Andy, that sounds like a great price on the Mossie. I think once the Ar234b is done I'll get back to it.

Note to make space in the display cabinet for it next to the others.

Carl

"Dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka!!"

"Hello Rabbit Leader, I thought you might come in from the sun."
"DON'T THINK! Don't just glance, LOOK, ..."

Excellent rendering of one of the "actors" from one of MrsC's and my favourite films.  :goodjob:

Looks really good and a nice change to the "standard" camo for that type of Spit.

Don't forget to add the light on the bottom.

Thanks Don. If you mean the light between the wings, it's actually in place. I think the angle makes it hard to see.

Carl

• 1 month later...

Wow, very nice build..... I just received my Tamiya MkXVIe and marked out on the instructions about the X-17 bit, just in case......... I watch all these builds and take detailed notes, you guys ALL do fabulous work....... thanks for posting I for one really appreciate and enjoy these threads......

And also............... " You can teach......... Monkeys to fly better than that !!"

Best movie EVER !!!

Cheers

Jeff