Tamiya Spitfire MK IX- Battle of Britain

Interesting notes regarding the villainous X17 :ph34r:

I shall endeavour to be on my guard when I reach that stage.

Lovely, smooth underside Carl. Good job.

Cheers.

The key question Guy is when to try fitting it, I think if you fit it to the pipework and bearers early on, you'll have problems like I did with it fouling the aft end of the engine.

Max

Interesting notes regarding the villainous X17 :ph34r:

I shall endeavour to be on my guard when I reach that stage.

Lovely, smooth underside Carl. Good job.

Cheers.

Thanks Guy!

I'm out to a movie tonight so I'll probably have more done tomorrow night.

Carl

Thanks Shaka and Dennis!

I remembered this time to first spray a coat of interior green on the canopy. I forgot to do so on my FR IX build.

IMG_20160330_230558.jpg

It's not a great shot but I sanded off and then polished the mould parting line off the centre section. So one more step closer.

IMG_20160330_223834.jpg

Carl

Looks good, check that mask on the windscreen/top -- looks like it's peeling off.

Thanks Shaka! The mask was indeed peeling off. The Montex ones really don't like compound curves much. I've replaced it with the over from the kit along with the one for the sliding section.

Carl

Thanks Shaka! The mask was indeed peeling off. The Montex ones really don't like compound curves much. I've replaced it with the over from the kit along with the one for the sliding section.

Carl

Nice work Carl, Montex masks are horrible on compound curves as you say, used a set on my Mosquito build as they were all I could get at the time.........horrible!!.

Nice tidy bench by the way........some room to sqeeze that Tamiya mossie back in to maybe :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy

Nice work Carl, Montex masks are horrible on compound curves as you say, used a set on my Mosquito build as they were all I could get at the time.........horrible!!.

Nice tidy bench by the way........some room to sqeeze that Tamiya mossie back in to maybe :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy! I knew the Montex masks aren't the greatest from previous experience with them but they were at hand so I figured I'd make use of them. There wasn't any bleeding that i can see so I think I got away with it.

As for the Mossie, it never left the bench. It's to the left on the workstand. Hopefully soon it'll be back on centre stage.

Carl