Lemkits 1:32 Messerschmitt P.1101 - the first technological details

upor

That picture is freaken awesome D!

I agree with Steve. I read somewhere the wings were modified Me-262 wings. There are several pictures showing the under wing surface without a panel installed and it appeared the internal ribs were parallel to the fuselage structure. Hmmmm not sure of this logic anymore.

Upor. Please put me down for this one. I've been waiting for this hot rod. Fantastic progress so far.

Kind regards

Troy

That picture is freaken awesome D!

I agree with Steve. I read somewhere the wings were modified Me-262 wings. There are several pictures showing the under wing surface without a panel installed and it appeared the internal ribs were parallel to the fuselage structure. Hmmmm not sure of this logic anymore.

Upor. Please put me down for this one. I've been waiting for this hot rod. Fantastic progress so far.

Kind regards

Troy

The better shots that show the wing underside suggest they were structurally the same as 262 units as well, with the ribs perpendicular to the main spar. However, it does appear that the control surface attachments were altered.

Brilliant picture from D. The wing modified or liberated from a Me-262 from the engine nacelle outboard Steve?

Sorry Upor. This is your tred. I certainly apologize. I'm most interested in your model from L.E.M. and I will certainly be buying this from you like I did with the Ta-183 offering. This picture however is just as interesting to me as the E. Hartmann, Erla G-10 at the end of the war with a Swartz tulip nose. Amazing picture and its in color. Awesome. All previous pictures of the Me-P1101 in Germany that actually exist, are rather fuzzy period pictures before the a/c went to NY & Bell and they had it in their possession plagiarized into the X-5. Credit certainly due to Messerschmit here I would say.

Brilliant picture from D. The wing modified or liberated from a Me-262 from the engine nacelle outboard Steve?

Sorry Upor. This is your tred. I certainly apologize. I'm most interested in your model from L.E.M. and I will certainly be buying this from you like I did with the Ta-183 offering. This picture however is just as interesting to me as the E. Hartmann, Erla G-10 at the end of the war with a Swartz tulip nose. Amazing picture and its in color. Awesome. All previous pictures of the Me-P1101 in Germany that actually exist, are rather fuzzy period pictures before the a/c went to NY & Bell and they had it in their possession plagiarized into the X-5. Credit certainly due to Messerschmit here I would say.

Yeah, the wing looks like, as you said, cropped from the 262, just about mid-nacelle. Then the flap was rehung to extend to the original aileron mid-point and the aileron extended to the extended wing tip. There are a couple other good shots of the P.1101 near this location outside, looking a bit more beat, though only repro'ed in B&W. I just google image searched and found a few new ones.

I'm glad you guys like that shot. :) It is from this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_P.1101

That image is relatively new to that page. I was on there in January researching a few details, and it was not there at that time. Plenty of good info on that page concerning the origins of the wing panels used. 

D

One detail in error on the page, the HeS 011 was not a functional engine but an engineering mock-up. There didn't seem to be any flight ready '011s produced during the war, only evolving experimantal units and the bulk of pre-production 'A-0 units were actually assembled post war to disappointing results. I heard somewhere that the Me262 also found there was trying Mk213 guns??

Friends, I want to note that the direction of the models we refer to Luft'46.

That information that we count with a do not allow the 100% accurate.

In this direction, allows to understand how revolutionary and new technologies was Germany at the end of the war .