mozart

56 squadron Spitfire IX LF

(In my best Terry Thomas voice)

"I say. You there. That man. Stop your lollygagging and get back to work. You're an absolute shower!" :innocent:

Actually Max, you've already completed one Spitfire for this group build which is 100% more than me so I can let you off.

However, I am eager to see more progress on your second spit so if you do get any time on it during April showers please post a pic or three.... :)

Sorry about that Guy and Shaka, I have been making slow progress but haven't taken any pics yet. I've had a bit of a shock recently when my website featuring 10 years of research into the fate of a Lancaster from 467 squadron suddenly disappeared. I've since found the "format" is no longer supported by the host company so I've been frantically salvaging the material into an archive so that I can rebuild it in a more modern format......oh and I've also had a painting commission which has to be finished by 21st, so busy busy busy!!! More soon though, promise!! :) :)

Max

Later than I thought, but just to show that I'm still in the game, some progress shots.  The cockpit wall is far from complete; bits still to be added, a little more wiring and then the whole weathered slightly to bring it all together, then of course the port wall to do:

DSCN9957_zpsrq2pva71.jpg

The engine is just about finished though, a couple of minor mating faces on some pipe runs to be made good but I think that's about it:

DSCN9959_zps6rzuttzn.jpg

No chance to do any more though till Tuesday afternoon at the earliest I'm afraid... :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

Thanks Guy, I love detailing engines so it was sheer pleasure for me....I'm looking forward to doing the Cheetahs on my Anson though disappointingly I've not managed any bench time this week and next isn't looking any better.....marginally worse in fact. Oh dear! :(

Max

Any further progress on this one...........happy birthday by the way Max.

Regards. Andy

Not yet Andy.....but there's a window of opportunity opening up over the next two weeks! No chance of finishing her but I'll do what I can then transfer to a WIP. Thanks for the birthday wishes, 68 years young today! (and I mean young!!)

Max

Happy birthday Max, have a good one

Cheers

Dennis

...and many more decades of modeling, gardening and traveling!

Thank you chaps; keeping busy and interested in things is what's it's all about, though I guess if I slow down on the golfing, gardening, travelling, motorcycling etc front I'll have more modelling time!

Max