Resin Conversions.

Radders

Hi all,

Just doing some homework..

Resin conversions / extras in 1/32nd (or 48th & 72nd too), what would people want that isn't available? 

If I could have realistic answers that would be even better.... I know the imagination can go wild sometimes! :)

Thanks all

Edited by Radders

I would love to see an operable wing fold conversion for some of the 1/32 Navy planes, like the Tamiya/Trumpy Corsairs or the Trumpy/Hase Hellcats, etc. There are plenty of static folded wing options with many kits, but I'm not aware of one that actually operates. I hate the idea of being forced to build it with either wings folded or not folded; I want both!! I like to think this is a realistic possibility, but maybe it isn't.

Asking me or many of us on this site what we want can be dangerous. My interests are a bit out there outside the mainstream, and so are many of the other here. We are probably large enough of a site to gather some minimal business, but not the thousands required of a big manufacturer, so a minimum size business might just make enough to stay interesting. Can you stay in business with 100 orders?

Having given that warning, I'd recommend that you build something you really, really want yourself, and do it for the fun of it. If you do that, then the quality will sell the product to those who share your own passion.

What stops me now? I'd like a conversion for the WNW Albatros B.II to a B.IIa so I can do "Ada" in Polish colors. Probably not a lot of business there.

A good set of updated fixes for some of the Stukas, like a replacement set of wheel pants and a new prop for the A would be interesting, but how many of us really would build one?

When I look at Fantastic Plastic's recent announcement of a set of smaller X-planes in 1/48 (X-24A and B, HL-10, M2F3 for example), I wonder how large you want to go? I would love to see those and an X-20, or an XF-85 Goblin in 1/32, but don't see much happening on that front. Probably bigger than you wanted to see as a resin project, and definitely not just a conversion, but you might get more interest than my first request.

Good luck with your projects, just build what you are driven to build because you love it,

Tnarg

What stops me now? I'd like a conversion for the WNW Albatros B.II to a B.IIa so I can do "Ada" in Polish colors. Probably not a lot of business there.

A good set of updated fixes for some of the Stukas, like a replacement set of wheel pants and a new prop for the A would be interesting, but how many of us really would build one?

I bet WNW will make a B.IIa as the released B.II is "Early."

And I'd get anything good for the Ju 87A!

I'd like a nice swedish B 4 conversion for Silver Wings Hawker Hart :)

A Swedish Hart on floats would make my day too, but how many others here would buy one?

A good set of floats for that plane or an early float for the Kingfisher to let us us do the early Yellow Wings version would make me very happy.

Tnarg

A Swedish Hart on floats would make my day too, but how many others here would buy one?

A good set of floats for that plane or an early float for the Kingfisher to let us us do the early Yellow Wings version would make me very happy.

Tnarg

Wouldn't everyone???  :shrug:  :tumble:

Tnarg

What's different about the early float?

Tnarg

Give me a few weeks and I'll have designed a Vought float for the Kingfisher ...

Hubert

What's different about the early float?

The early aircraft were delivered with Vought-designed floats that were replaced by EDO-designed floats during mid OS2U-2 production. 

The image at the following link shows the differences:

http://navsource.org/archives/01/057/015768b.jpg

HTH,

D