" Pass the Ammo" The "lead is flying" Trumpeter 1/16th

DMurph

IMG_20160228_244721651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160225_241916594_HDR.jpg

Visit My blog to see all the updates.

http://dpmurphy81.blogspot.com/2016/02/pass-ammo-lead-is-flying-trumpeter.html

Like it, leave me a comment in the comment section of my blog. And remember to like and share this. 

Thanks for visiting the blog.

Cheers Murph...

Starting some initial weathering of the inside Cabin on the Half track, this is a bit of a weather as you go kit. comments are always appreciated.

IMG_20160309_011352071_HDR.jpg

Remember to visit the Blog site"

http://dpmurphy81.blogspot.com/

Cheers Murph... 

Edited by DMurph

awesome!!!!! You don't see these getting built a lot. So it's good to see someone getting after it, and making one. I can't wait to see the finished product, and the engine looks fantastic. Nice weathering, and realistic engine wear. 

Hey thanks to all that visit the blog, I do appreciate your interest. Also thank you for all the kind comments.

Here is another small update in the build as I weather.

IMG_20160309_155733516_HDR.jpg

I like to start by base-coating with a good black acrylic primer by AK Interactive, this allows me to lay down and use the primer as my base shadow, I lightly go in and add tone affects in the first layer and build out from there.

I then will clear coat to protect the paint before I weather, I allow the future acrylic to dry over night. I always use oil paints as my wash medium, in that way I can mix the colors the way I see fit to achieve the tone I want.

IMG_20160311_084946686_HDR.jpg

I start with the worn affect over the OD paint, I use a mixture of oily steel and add to that a drop of red brown, dark gray, respectively I use a small coarse sponge to nail down the chipping worn look. There are chipping mediums that I use on occasion but they can be over done in my opinion.  

After the initial weathering and paint wear is to the level I desire, I then add my first layer of filter to it. For that I'll use a mixture of burnt umber two light dabs and one half dab of black to my paint well to this I add thinner turpentine if I have it, straight up enamel thinner works too, careful it is a strong mix. With a flat brush I apply the filter to the whole surface and allow this to dry. As you can see it changes the entire color pallet. I build in layers as I go to the next step.

Tune in tomorrow and I'll let you know the rest LOL!  

Cheers Murph...