RFI - OS2U Kingfisher from KHM

Out2gtcha

Thanks to one and all who followed along!  This one  was a joy to build although delicate, and as long as you clean up all the small parts, good fit will come to you MUCH easier.

All in all a great fitting kit, for a great price point, with a lot of AM to come I hope..........like window paint masks, color PE radio faces, HGW seatbelts, and some brass beaching gear.

It still builds up really nice though right OOB.  This one is exactly that, 100% OOB with absolutely nothing extra added to it, and it still looks like a winner to me! This particular model is destined for Glen @ Kitty Hawk Models to be used a manufactures demonstrator model to sit on their tables at contests and shows, but I will definitely get around to building my own as well. 

The decals also went on good, but Im hoping we also get some AM decals and maybe even an AM float suitable for the ship based OS2Us.

Again thanks to one and all who stopped in along the way, and here is a link to the build thread for those who are interested -

Kitty Hawk Models OS2U Kingfisher

Without any further ado, here are some pics:

DSC05522.jpg

DSC05471.jpg

DSC05473.jpg

DSC05477.jpg

DSC05479.jpg

DSC05481.jpg

DSC05482.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05491.jpg

MORE..............

Edited by Out2gtcha

I love it ! Absolutely gorgeous !

As a general remark, these new kits (this one and some others recently) prompt me to re-question my modelling approach. They look so good OOB with a simple (but fantastic) paint job, that I wonder whether my AMS detailing frenzy is worth it anymore. Now, OOB, that would be a great way of finishing more kits faster ;) !

Well done Brian. An encouragement for me to deal with mine quickly.

Hubert

Thanks guys!!! The feedback really does mean a lot to me. I'm hoping to have the custom shipping box completed this upcoming week, so I can ship the Ol girl to Glen this next week as well.

Harvey,

The black box behind the windscreen on the starboard side is a gun camera for the .50 cal mounted to the pilot's right side under the IP, and firing out of the cowl through the prop.

Hubert........

I'll tell you what, doing these STRICT OOB builds like this really is refreshing, and indeed DOES lead to a faster completion IMHO. The kit is not perfect, and DOES need a few things, but TBH, it really doesn't need much in the way of AM to make a winner.

Edited by Out2gtcha