Kitty Hawk Models T-28 B/D Trojan *FINISHED*

Out2gtcha

• 2 weeks later...

Brian,

I just saw your packing video. Impressive to say the least. I'm certainly going to be going that route for next year's Noreastcon as I remember back in the 70s having damage to my models every so often driving to IPMS contests.

Joel

Brian,

I just saw your packing video. Impressive to say the least. I'm certainly going to be going that route for next year's Noreastcon as I remember back in the 70s having damage to my models every so often driving to IPMS contests.

Joel

Same here Joel. After a couple of those, I decided to re-think things. Im batting 1000 on this shipping method, not only transporting to shows, but packing and shipping models via FedEx across the country.

So far so good. The method can be a PITA to make, but the time spent it very much worth it in the end, since the box is re-usable, collapsible, easily stored and not super expensive to make, other than some junk from the craft store. 

Brian,

And your T-28 build thread is on my "must read NOW". Just so much ground to cover here as a Newbie of less then 1 year. I keep on finding great build threads to read and learn from, both techniques and details for my own builds. 

Joel

Joel, you have to build one of those T-28s. A truly great kit. I've built several, and Brian's built one or two as well..  So many schemes and options, so little time

Ernie,

Little time left. You hit it right on the head. It's now officially on my must build list. 

I already got burnt with two Kitty Hawk kits: The F-94C with the Lizard skin, and the Cougar with 4 pc fuselage halves and a poor cockpit. Both made it to the recycling center. The AVO-10A is my next build and hopefully I'll be quite pleasantly surprised with how far KH has progressed.  And I really want to build a OS2U Kingfisher too after talking to Brian about the bad rap it got.

Honestly, they're my big hold out hope for a P-51B/C. Yeah I know the rumors of KH is doing one. but there is nothing concrete on their site nor on their face book page other then they like to do one along with a decent P-38. Just your basic Vaporware at this point. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Yes, I have to agree. Not all KHM kits in the past were great kits.............or some even decent kits. But, I think KHM has some a long way in paying attention to the things modelers like us were bitching about................buildability, fit, texture............ect, ect. They did pay attention and have listened. 

The T-28 has many less sprue gates than even the OS2U did, and many less "fiddly" to assemble parts. The T-28 cowl is a minor exception, but still is not too terrible. 

I think HK is doing one and it's supposedly in the pipe now..

Ernie,

I keep on hearing that, but the fact is that there is nothing official from HK, just a few vague posts of they'd like to do one on their facebook page. And honestly, a CAD drawing means squat as well these days. Anyone with a CAD program can draw one up.  So until someone has concrete official evidence, it's all noting but Vaporware. 

Joel

Agreed on the cowl, Brian. It's the only "hold your breath" spot on the entire kit, but even that works out splendidly IF you have everything spaced correctly.

Ernie,

The IF word again.  

Joel 

Honestly, they're my big hold out hope for a P-51B/C. Yeah I know the rumors of KH is doing one. but there is nothing concrete on their site nor on their face book page other then they like to do one along with a decent P-38. Just your basic Vaporware at this point. 

Joel

TBH, I think we will see the HKM P-51B/C before any from KH. And that may (or may not) be a good thing. I just wish they would get  a move on as I am not getting any younger, but for some reason they seem think a 1/32 Ju 52 is a more pressing need.

TBH, I think we will see the HKM P-51B/C before any from KH. And that may (or may not) be a good thing. I just wish they would get  a move on as I am not getting any younger, but for some reason they seem think a 1/32 Ju 52 is a more pressing need.

My brother and I will be 70 in Nov, our time is almost up, at least for modeling. Maybe 10 years tops.

Like I said their HK's facebook page had two whole posts of Gee it would be nice to have a P-51B and maybe a P-38. Nothing more. There is zero mention of it on their site with other proposed or being worked on projects. At this point it's Vaporware period. 

I'll most likely just buy the Trumpeter kit  and the Aires cockpit and wheel well, and live with the wrong wing. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W