1/32 Hurricane

Radub

Radub,

Unbelievable work !!!I'll throw an offer out right here in the open. You create the masters and I'll get the casting done !!! Contact me here on line or at my email <loru1588@earthlink.net>.

Excellant detail! A great talent !

Dan LoRusso

Warbirds Models,USA

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the good words. Thanks for the offer as well.

Prince August (they make figures) have a a workshop about 20 Km from my home and they do custom casting. They are a bit closer to home for me. Otherwise, I may invest in one of those centricast machines, and that should solve the problem of bubbles for me. There is a Tiranti dealer in Dublin and according to their brochure they can order centricast machines.

That is not the main issue.

The main thing is redoing the parts with casting in mind. It would be difficult (not impossible) to cast the parts as they are now. The cockpit is made in such a way as to allow me to take it apart for painting. When taken apart, there are about 8 large parts to it and about 10 smaller parts. For example the seat is attached to the rear framework and includes the adjustment lever. It is one part now, but when broken down for casting it would end up as 8 parts. (two bars, four brackets, one seat, and one lever).

When I started thinking about it, I ended up with so many other questions. The cockpit may end up as a 70 plus part kit if not more. Also, the cockpit is not even complete now. When I finish with it, it will also include the radiator pipes on the right side, the throttle rods, cables, escape hatch, maybe the radio behind the seat etc.

The wheel well may be a multipart item and may also need to include the lower-centre section of the wing. I think that the idea is to strike a balance between detail and ease of casting. I must keep it simple yet detailed.

I will definitely look into it.

Radu