1/32 Hurricane

Radub

I know I said that the next pictures would be of painted parts, but some other stuff got in the way and I never got around to even stirring a pot of paint. (No, it is not an open gunbay, just in case you were wondering).

I never posted any pictures of the finished landing gear. Here are a couple of photos.

Radu Brinzan

post-4-1125697613.jpg

In a word Radu...awsome!!!

It is interesting to compare your Hurricane build against my Spitfire build...yours is all tubes, whereas mine is all square strigers! Spot-on build Radu, keep it coming mate!

Cheers

Derek

Thanks for the kind words.

THAT was one of the hardest areas of the model. The parts were made from a variety of Evergreen rods turned with my Clisby lathe. The problem was in aligning everything in such a way as to keep the leg at the perfect angle. That meant shaving bits off the end of a rod in places or - when I removed too much- remaking the whole lot again. The radius rod covers were the biggest PIA because of the angle at which they sit - it took a lot of fitting and trimming and fiting again and so on just to have them aligned.

This has a lot to do with the over-engineering of the Hurricane. As Derek noted, the Hurricane is more like a kite, all rods, tubes and fabric, whereas the Spitfire was more like a sports car stripped of all non-essentials and streamlined for speed.

Radu

:lol: I've just stumbled across this thread and BOY, am I happy I did. :P

What a stupendous build Radu. What strikes me is the precision of your scratchbuilding. From your photos, everything looks so square and true, without any blemishes or errors.

What a truly inspirational build. I can't wait to see some paint on the details. ;)

Guy.

p.s. Have you thought of using stainless steel tubing for the u/c pistons? That way you would n't have to paint the brass. Just a thought. ^_^

Guest LSP_Jay L

Truely Awesome work Radu. Really inspirational. I can only imagine the painstaking work that went into it and I am full of admiration and envy. Waht a superb build you are getting up to here!

Cheers mate,

Jay

What more could I possibly add Radu, I can hardly believe my eyes. Thanks for the postings and answers, I sure have learned a lot by this thread.

I have been working on my Tamiya 48th RNZAF Corsair as a change of pace from getting bogged down on the scratchbuilding on my 32nd TA-4K again. But thanks to your posts I am keen to get the F4U out of the way for the TA-4 again.

Thanks again and as Jay said, it must be painstaking and I too am envious of that craftsmanship.

Anthony

Thanks again for the good words, they are truly appreciated.

Still no paint - I will start painting during the week.

Here are some photos of the windscreen armour plate and roll bar. A cross brace joining the two will be added after they are permanently glued in place.

Radu Brinzan

post-4-1125838130.jpg