Tamiya F-15C Kicked Up A Notch- Dec 1/17: DONE!

chuck540z3

Wonderful, spectacular, magnificent!

I always wondered what is that canopy vent before knowing that it is a canopy vent. The test fit photos are beautiful, I don't know how you keep the canpy without a single dust particle. I wonder about the outer lower sides of the frame, is it normal that way without rivets at all... While the overall look - no words! :)

Thanks Guys!

Wonderful, spectacular, magnificent!

I always wondered what is that canopy vent before knowing that it is a canopy vent. The test fit photos are beautiful, I don't know how you keep the canpy without a single dust particle. I wonder about the outer lower sides of the frame, is it normal that way without rivets at all... While the overall look - no words! :)

Thank you sir!

As for rivet detail on the lower portions of the canopy (or windscreen), I am torn. While the styrene at the front of the windscreen can accept rivet marks with a needle, the very soft vinyl tape will not. You can see fastener marks on the canopy frame of the real deal from 10 feet away, but maybe not 32 feet away, so perhaps it doesn't really matter if you can see them at all at 1/32 scale. I have some UMM decal rivets in silver that might work, but the carrier film is a bit thick so I'm afraid to use them, because there's no turning back after using Microsoft to soften them. I may still give them a try, but right now I'm going to just live with how it looks, knowing that it still looks better than the kit detail, which doesn't exist at all!

Cheers,

Chuck

Guest Peterpools

Chuck

Glad to see you're back at work at the bench and your work as always is simply amazing. I am simply blown away by the detail you lavished on the canopy and front office.

Welcome back  

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: