Review: Robin Koh 1/32 de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk

LSP_Kevin

On 8/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, wunwinglow said:

Keep one for me too please!!  WK609, 3 AEF, Filton.... Memories!  Did my first loop in this one!

Do you remember parachute drill Tim, then waddling out to the Chippie with the chute banging the back of your legs?! Wonderful times! 

15 hours ago, mozart said:

Do you remember parachute drill Tim, then waddling out to the Chippie with the chute banging the back of your legs?! Wonderful times! 

That's made me smile...

My first ever flight in a powered aeroplane. Nervous (but very excited) 14 year old Air Cadet waddles out to his steed (WP896 - RAF Woodvale) - steps awkwardly up on the wing to get an abrupt tap on the shoulder from one of the ground crew. Points down to my parachute - apparently there's silk poking out! Waddles back to Portacabin where they just stuff it back in with a paintbrush handle. I'm still not convinced they weren't just winding me up!

Remember the briefing film?

Who says nostalgia isn't what it used to be, eh?

Happy days...

Iain

On 8/19/2019 at 7:54 PM, mozart said:

Absolutely! I was only on site a few days ago, at a CAD seminar being held at the Concorde museum. There was some demolition work going on behind the Concorde hangar, so it MIGHT have been the old UAS/AEF offices, which would be sad. But Filton is going to be covered in houses eventually, so it is inevitable, I suppose..

Tim

Chippies were based at Church Fenton for ab initio training for RN future pilots when I was on my maths course as part of my navigation training pre Finningley in the early '70's so I was watching these fly when I should have been studying!!

Heady days!

This is a must have kit for me so I look forward to Robin's return to full health!

Regards,

Steve S.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...