AMK 1/48 mig-31 *FINISHED!*

The Dude

Finally finished it a few days ago! This was one of the best 1/48 scale kits I have done in a very very long time.. I would highly recommend this kit for anyone on the fence about buying this model. The price is a little stiff for some but worth it IMO. 

Fit and detail was great and the decals went on with no fuss, a pleasure to build all the way around. Kudos to AMK for putting this one out!  :coolio:

IMG_20160610_202033010%201_zps3xa0xy6m.j

IMG_20160610_202057909%201_zpse9yiktel.j

IMG_20160610_202115108_zpsrvild0a5.jpg

IMG_20160610_202010911_zpswqkrgv5p.jpg

IMG_20160610_202131663_zpsnakap2i9.jpg

IMG_20160610_202212850_zps41bjtepm.jpgMore pix to come in better lighting lol

Edited by The Dude

Brilliant!  Can't wait for their MiG-25!

Tim W.

I've just got the MiG-31B, and I'm blown away by the detail, and fit. Absolutely amazing. Nice build btw! :)

Me too Tim! ICM have a Foxbat RBT out around next month and I will bite the bait, and get the AMK Foxbat too. The recce versions always looked better to me, and the Tomcats should be pretty tasty. 1/32 has the right heft for a lot of subjects but these big MiGs work really well in 1/48. I think the F-14 & F-15 falls into the same category

Got the Foxhound B/BS yesterday. It's a joy, isn't it?! I waited for the later release (earlier jet) as the Kazakhstan version appeals so much.

Thanks for showing us your build The Dude. Very inspiring stuff!

Tony

Thanks again for the good words guys! I am currently down in Dallas for ealgle quest. Ran into Ernie (clunkmeister) with his Gotha and T28 Trojans. Very nice looking stuff. It inspired me to do a combat T28.

Me too Tim! ICM have a Foxbat RBT out around next month and I will bite the bait, and get the AMK Foxbat too. The recce versions always looked better to me, and the Tomcats should be pretty tasty. 1/32 has the right heft for a lot of subjects but these big MiGs work really well in 1/48. I think the F-14 & F-15 falls into the same category

Got the Foxhound B/BS yesterday. It's a joy, isn't it?! I waited for the later release (earlier jet) as the Kazakhstan version appeals so much.

Thanks for showing us your build The Dude. Very inspiring stuff!

Tony

Thanks Tony. :) I plan on getting the other version too when it comes out. The only downside to this kit is the lack of paint schemes but like I said many times before it was such a fun build.