Tamiya spare parts: where can I find/request them?

Luca

Do you have any friends in the US? Tamiya's US customer support has been excellent for me.

not, sorry :( I live in Europe (Italy)... which way could I contact the Tamiya US customer support?

Edited by Luca

What you need is the C fuselage lower.  The E & D are both 2 seaters, so your front half is good to go.  But even the C kits front fuselage and the E front fuselage are the same parts.  Only difference is the cockpit and canopy.   I've got the E and the C kit side by side to compare.  You can always do what I'm doing by purchasing a C kit and then use the E lower with the CFT's on the C bird to produce this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88867126@N08/10391003176

If you have the C kit, which is of course similar to the J, you would be better trying to get the CFT from the Revell kit - I have read they are more accurate for the C/D as the E CFT in the Tamiya kit are different.

If you have the C kit, compare the instructions with the E kit instructions so you know what you require  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10029325

Edited by Kagemusha

Make a telephone call. This puts folks on the spot more readily. The worst they can do is tell you no again. Or, there is an eBay seller, user name "cpyzz" that appears to have most of what you need for sale right now. I have no affiliation with them. I just did a quick search & located the parts. I don't know if they will rip you off on shipping, though. HTH.

Masterguns

I think this is the main reason smaller importers and retailers don't want to supply parts. They import and sell kits as a whole kit. If they need replacement parts they take a kit from the warehouse, pull it aside for replacement parts if somebody needs a canopy, then hopefully someone else will need another part, like the decal sheet, and so on and so on. They don't have a stack of replacement parts that accompany each order of kits. For example if they order 100 f-16 c, Tamiya doesn't send along 3 spare canopies, and one fusalege, and 5 spare tires. Most distributors know that most of the request for parts are coming from kit bashers, modifiers, or scratch builders trying to avoid buying the whole kit just to get two small parts. I'm not saying that's a bad thing for the kit basher or the distributor, just what is. So they choose to ignore these parts requests, because it isn't profitable for them to engage in ruining a whole kit, to make $5. While Tamiya Japan, and Tamiya America are much bigger operations and likely do have on hand many damaged or parted out kits on hand to service the parts buyers, and likely do it often enough that selling a kit one sprue at a time nets the, more money than selling it whole.

Short answer email Tamiya directly or place a parts wanted thread on a website like this and you'll get your parts faster and easier like it sounds you did by reading the posts above