HK Models De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV

monthebiff

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Aces on a superb build. Absolutely a brilliant thread, with all the problems and cures. First class work; simply a stellar finish and gorgeous cammo.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

I had to rush off before being able to finish this post, as I wanted to ask you about publishing it on the website, Andy. Let me know!

Kev

Yes Kev, by all means, please go ahead and publish it on the website.

Regards. Andy

Fantastic job, I love the close up shots of the cockpit, the detail is amazing.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, the Profimodeller set really does bring an extra dimension to the cockpit, lot's of extra work but very rewarding in the end.

Regards. Andy

Andy

Aces on a superb build. Absolutely a brilliant thread, with all the problems and cures. First class work; simply a stellar finish and gorgeous cammo.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Thank you Peter, happy to have her finished and on her legs, a nice addition to my growing 32nd scale collection.

Regards. Andy 

A beautiful build Andy in every respect from the subtle chipping around the panels to the razor sharp canopy framing.  Well done old chap!

Max

Thank you Max, I used the Montex vinyl masks on this one as when I ordered all my AM, Eduard hadn't released there set and to be honest the Montes mask's for don't really cut it as they like to lift on area's of tight curve's and I did get some spray getting under.......other than that pretty happy.

Regards. Andy

Andy,

TOP NOTCH build. :clap2:

your Mosquito build is OUTSTANDING, Absolutely STUNNING.. :wow:

The fine detailed work is way too COOL ! :yahoo: :yahoo:

KUDOS. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you Maru, all in all a very fun build........just at times a little challenging.

Regards. Andy

Your Mossie looks tremendous Andy.

Amongst other things that is some superbly executed masking between the cammo and black. Lovely job.

Well done mate, thanks for sharing the finished article with us.

Cheers.

Your Mossie looks tremendous Andy.

Amongst other things that is some superbly executed masking between the cammo and black. Lovely job.

Well done mate, thanks for sharing the finished article with us.

Cheers.

Thank you geedubelyer, really enjoyed the painting stage on this build and really happy with the result, first time I have done some major all black underside work and found it a real challenge but good practice for some future build's.

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hhmmm........never noticed this before and I have to say never noticed any comments regarding this from other modelers and indeed reviewers so I'm thinking I may just ignore and enjoy my finished mossie, or maybe I should hide it away at the back of my collection because something may look a little to small, etc.....also now I'm maybe worrying the internal canopy frame doesn't stack up in 1/3 when measured against the real thing, or the seat belts are a little to thin for scale thickness  :mental:

Regards. Andy