Japanese Cockpit Instruments

airscale

Hi folks

Got a bit of a backlog with my decal printer at the moment - I am waiting on production for a number of new products..

while not wishing to push Ray at Fantasy over the edge, I have been tinkering...

think these are next on the block as testers - just need to master the Japanese writing as I have no font, or comprehension of the language so just try drawing what I see..

001_zpstdsmm3fh.jpg

will be a while yet, but they will be coming...

TTFN

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news. Jap props are the key WW2 single-engine types that appeal chez moi.

Modern Russian would also be cool, one day, for the plethora of Trumpy Sukhoi and MiG jets such as the forthcoming quartet of Fulcrums. These are sufficiently different from modern Western jets to warrant a separate set.

Then modern landing gear placards please.

Tony

Thanks for your interest guys :)

I don't know if this will help, but I know how hard it is to find good documentation.

http://www.gunsight.jp/b/index.htm

Thanks Bill - yes, this is a very useful site. I also have access to the Mikesh book which is second to none in terms of reference..

have got a few more done too,,

001_zpsobhqrcez.jpg

Extremely cool! Hoping maybe WW2 Russian dials are planned too at some point (currently been fishing between four different airscale sets to find close-enough matches for my La-7 so a dedicated set would rock...)

Indeed, Russian instruments are the last of the major powers we haven't done so they will be covered at some point. I have no references yet good enough to illustrate the many different types so there will be a at least a month of research until any design work starts.

If any of you guys know where I might get close-ups and dimensions, please let me know?

Excellent news. Jap props are the key WW2 single-engine types that appeal chez moi.

Modern Russian would also be cool, one day, for the plethora of Trumpy Sukhoi and MiG jets such as the forthcoming quartet of Fulcrums. These are sufficiently different from modern Western jets to warrant a separate set.

Then modern landing gear placards please.

Tony

Hi Tony - you have set me thinking.... (always a bad thing...)

....there..... I thunk......I agree these should be covered too...

lastly, I have been asked if the Japanese set will be available in 1/24 - I am never going to retire on the revenue from doing that, but as there are a number of Bandai & Trumpeter kits out there I will do a limited run of them and see how we go :)

so, to summarise... the potential roadmap looks a bit like this..

1/32 & 1/48 Modern Jet Dials & Placards - released at the end of this month

1/24 Brass Panels & colour instrument panel decals for nine 1/24 aircraft - release the end of March

1/48, 1/32 & 1/24 Japanese instruments - release end of April ish

1/48 & 1/32 Russian Modern Jet Instruments - release beginning of May ish

1/48 & 1/32 Russian WW2 Instruments - release end of June ish

then I will turn to basket weaving...

TTFN
Peter

Hi Peter, when I built the SH 1/32 scale Ki 27 I found a photo of the cockpit of the only surviving airframe in the Tachiarai Memorial, I cannot remember where I got the photo from so I do not want to post it, have you seen the photos of this aircraft, they may be handy for you.

Cheers

Dennis