ScanmanDan

1/48 ACE Flak 38 20mm w/trailer

I did some work on getting the second figure into primer so I can at the very least do some painting this coming week.  He is a Aerobonus figure and is slightly shorter than the Tamiya/Verlinden hybrid. I'm not too fussed as I like having different shapes and sizes of figures on the diorama as it looks a bit more realistic.

My task for today was to try out another way to do trees.  Materials to try were, Seafoam with scatter material for leaves.  While I didn't have exactly what was outlined to hand I made do with what I had and worked as best I could.  

Here is my progress;

flak%2038%2022-X2.jpg

flak%2038%2023-X2.jpg

flak%2038%2024-X2.jpg

I have to say that I think I like this one better.  A shame really as the paper one took ages to make.   I have to spray some light yellow-green and to add some highlights and finish with a shot of Dullcoat but I think I looks more to scale.  

What do you folks think? 

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

I like this a lot! The tree looks indeed very realistic as does the rest and the added details to the flak are very nice as well.

I've been thinking about building a small 1/48 vignette like this a well. So I'll keep a close watch on this.

Can you tell where you got the figurines? They look quiete good, especially the one where you replaced the head.

Looks as detailed as a 1/35 figurine.

Still banging away at this but I got a little distracted.  

Ya see I'm pretty clumsy and I tend to knock stuff over and, well, break stuff.  With all these figures laying around the workbench I thought it wise to make some stands/ holding fixtures less I get very cross with myself.

A trip to the hardware store and the $2 dollar shop and I had what I needed.

Stands MkI

Figure%20stands%2001-X2.jpg

Figure%20stands%2002-X2.jpg

In reality just a hardware store furniture leg drilled out 13mm the counter drilled 9.5mm to allow for some cheap Xacto knives that I'm using as figure holders.  Oh, and some  satin black paint and rubber feet 'cause I'm a wing nut :)  Cheap, quick to make and they seem to work so far.

These two germans ( Tamiya with new head and Areobonus left to right)

German%2001-L.jpg

Have company with these Brits ( Both modified Tamiya figs)

Brits%2001-L.jpg

(But they're for another project, -----  did someone let a squirrel in here?)

Not too much to show for a week but now I have no excuses not to get on the paintbrushes.  We'll soon see how ham fisted I can be.

Thanks for stopping in for a look.

Dan

My little test figure.  

German%20Officer%2001-XL.jpg

German%20Officer%2002-XL.jpg

German%20Officer%2003-XL.jpg

I didn't get his posture right so he becomes the crash test dummy for painting.  

Colours came out okay and I used a 0.03mm mechanical pencil to dot in the eyes which came out better than I thought.

Much to improve on but good practice, I have six more victims, er test pieces queued up so anything could happen.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan 

Progress;

Got some yellow on the gun.  I want to do a clean, almost new weapon as a change from the beatniks I usually prefer ;)

flak%2038%2027-X2.jpg

flak%2038%2028-X2.jpg

flak%2038%2026-X2.jpg

I still have some little bits to do but I like the colours so far.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

I wish my imagination or lets say skills could let me play at that.I like to see some more of this. ;)

Edited by Javlin1