Korean war Skyraider FINISHED

blackbetty

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good pick

There should be more models done of the Korean War. It was a long, bitterly fought 'police action" and needs greater representation. 

Many of the navy aircraft are available as vacuforms. 

At least the navy camouflage scheme is pretty simple, One basic blue color. Buy a bucket of it and you are set for life. :lol:

Stephen

This is a good pick

There should be more models done of the Korean War. It was a long, bitterly fought 'police action" and needs greater representation. 

Many of the navy aircraft are available as vacuforms. 

At least the navy camouflage scheme is pretty simple, One basic blue color. Buy a bucket of it and you are set for life. :lol:

Stephen

Great point--

I have the F-51, F-80, F-84 and F-86 as well as (now) the AT-6.  I've only manage to build the Sea Fury to date, though.  For the opposition, there's really only the MiG-15 (which needs major work) and the Yak-18 "Bedcheck Charlie."   Some of the Soviet prop jobs flown by the NKs would be nice!

And yeah, an F9F NOT in resin...

Tim W.

thanx guys, i am working o the ordnance and will finish ghis one soon. planning on a marine corsair...(i would like to do a -5 or AU-1, but there is no kit of a longnose version)

i think the trumpy kit is pretty nice aside from the prop blades. i built it pretty much oob, but used the bombs of the ZM skyraider though

speaking of ordnance, i first drew the reinforcement straps that were used ony many korean aera bombs in illustrator and cut them out of vinyl

26_zpsmuahg7un.jpg

fit trial

27_zpsnjiwk77j.jpg

with some silver paint, some details will have to be added, boms will be shot olive drab obviously

28_zps3n6rvpy5.jpg