Magic Mike

How about an A-6B conversion?

The outboard pylon Shrike launcher is not a LAU-34; it's an Aero-something which was a metal and fibreglass version of the more commonly seen all-metal Aero-whatsit. I would use the regular Navy Aero-whatsit as VA-52 probably had those too.

I'd like fuel tanks on the inboard and AGM-78s on both the outboard pylons.....so what are the correct launchers, Aero-whatsit? where can we find them? TIA, cheers.

I would use the regular Navy Aero-whatsit as VA-52 probably had those too.

is it the same outboard pylon seen on the F-4B/J/N Phantoms?

Edited by Luca

I'd like fuel tanks on the inboard and AGM-78s on both the outboard pylons.....so what are the correct launchers, Aero-whatsit? where can we find them? TIA, cheers.

is it the same outboard pylon seen on the F-4B/J/N Phantoms?

No.

The AGM-45 Shrike launchers were designated Aero 5, which could also be used for the AGM-12 Bullpup IIRC.

The Navy Aero 5 is a common item on Trumpy kit stores sprues but I would recommend GT Resin missiles and launchers

- ditto with the LAU-77/80 Launch Adaptor Unit used with the AGM-78 Standard ARM.

HTH

Tony

edited

Edited by Tony T

The LAU-118 is a post-Vietnam modified US Navy Aero-5, primarily for AGM-88 HARM.

I can't remember which is which, but there existed an Aero-5A and -5B and one was all metal and the other fibreglass and metal.

Tony