Has anyone used Tamiya's F4E nose for the Revell kit?

oyoy5

My understanding is that there are some shape differences between the Tamiya and Revell fuselage sections such that some blending in will be required.

Harold used the Tamiya nose as the base for his replacement nose cone.

Hope that helps,

Carl

The original version was a copy of the Tamiya nose section. It was a PITA to use. So I completely re-did it using the front section from Tamiya and the rear section from Revell. It all blends in now, still not an easy fix, but no more gnashing of the teeth.  (pitot tube not included)

RevellF-4E.jpg

RevellF-4Enose.jpg

Edited by Harold

as i was Harolds first F-4E nose customer, and built several commission F-4E's with it. it is the best one out there. and i've tried several different companies F-4 products.

Interesting to find post here and not heard or read of any feedback concerning my Revell nose replacement which has been out there for many years. In fact, it was one of my first mastered items which I sculpted myself (did not own a Tamiya kit then, just an old Rhino mechanic that knew something had to be done). Please do tell me what issues you found with mine, and as to why you find it inferior? I am always interested in comments, otherwise I can only improve what I find myself. Thank you,  Erik. 

never heard of yours.........so never used them................ got several different ones off eBay. didn't like any of them.

but I stopped doing commission builds about 7 years ago when we were putting KH together.

Edited by KAGNEW