Revell Spitfire Mk.Ia and Mk.IIa Joint build - FINISHED

Shoggz

After a few quiet days of 'real world' activities (including my birthday!) work re-commenced last night on my bevy of Spitfires!

Here's the Mark II

E4625FC6-DD5D-4018-AFA7-23D650AB0E76_zps

and the pair together

32DFE33A-515E-456B-91D7-96D896022BE5_zps

It's amazing how much 'life' they seem to take on once the decals start to be applied

I've done a lot of the work on 'KL A' freehand (including the serial numbers) as there are no commercially available sets for this particular aircraft (though there are loads for it's squadron mate - Al Deere's KL B )

Anyway, hope you like - I am probably two or three good days' work away from completion I reckon...

The challenge for me will really come when I get to weathering - not my strong point!

A lovely pair Richard!  Good luck with the weathering...take it slowly and build up the effects you're trying to achieve, don't expect to get it in one hit.  Look carefully at reference pictures and spend a lot of time just looking at what you are doing at each stage.

Max

Great stuff Richard. Your two look superb sitting side by side. An even higher accomplishment given that you've built two at the same time.

I like to see the subtle differences between the two airframes.

Nearly there now. It's time to get the job done.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'd forgotten how long adding the stencils takes.. And of course I'm doing it for two!

The great thing when you're building a modern warbird is there is plenty of reference material (and of course the real thing!)

X4650 doesn't have the full set of stencils included in the EagleCal set I'm using, so I've applied those that it has.

P8088 has had the lot though!

I've been on holiday this week, so not a lot of progress - but here's a couple of snaps from last weekend.

image_zpsuiwj3g8a.jpeg

image_zpsoffk8wbw.jpeg

I'm quite pleased with how they've progressed, though as a perfectionist I know there's room for improvement.

Well I had hoped to be posting photos of the finished articles, but time ran out on me last night..

They just need the wheels fitting:

Here's some final WIP photos

image_zpsckker6fq.jpeg

image_zps0jivzyja.jpeg

I'm going to get my daughter to snap the finished models with her nice posh camera as my iPhone isn't really the greatest for these up close shots!

Max, yeah definitely.

Just deciding which bird to do... :hmmm:

I'm currently leaning towards my Revell FW190..

But I also have the Spitfire bug now, so I could dig out one of the 10 or so I have in the stash! :thumbsup:

[edited for spelling mistake]