Tamiya 1/48 P-47D Bubble Jug 1/23/16

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

dgassie

Thank you for the very kind comments on my Jug.

My usual practice with with both Alclad and AK Extreme Metals is to apply the decals directly on top of the "metal surface". No sealer is used at all; before or after applying the decals. So far with all the NMF models I've completed, I've have no problems with the decals yellowing or with the NMF. I have been starting to experiment with sealers but as of yet, haven't actually used any on my models.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated John.

I'm just glad things worked out and we hve another excellent line of natural metal finishes to work with.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Jan

Thank you for the very kind words. It's really a draw as to the two products, as they are used pretty much the same. AK seems to be a bit tougher but both will produce a wonderful finish.

Peter

Hi Peter

I will choose my words VERY carefully so as not to get on the bad side of the LSP moderators (I never want to seem like I criticize!)  - but let's just say that on the shelf behind me is a 1/32 MiG-19s in NMF that is still feels slightly tacky about 4 years after being sprayed, packed away in the garage is a B-58 Hustler with baziilions of fine hairline cracks in the paint finish that developed within a year after it was sprayed, and a 1/48 English Electric Canberra with both the tackiness and "dust" problem. Contrary to that I also have a 1/32 Hase F-86F Sabre (converted to Sabre 6) that still looks as good as the day it was sprayed 12 years ago using rattlecan silver paint bought at Walmart, after reading rave reviews about this particular paint on a different model builder  forum. In typical Walmart style, the paint disappeared from the shelves after about 6 months and they never brought it back.

So, yes, I'm very glad to have an alternative. Will this be available in Canada as well?