Tamiya 1/48 P-47D Bubble Jug 1/23/16

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

READY FOR INSPECTION 1/23/16

Finally completed the RFI photographs of my Tamiya Jug and without question, has to be one of the best kits I've ever built. Just maybe Papa Tamiya might bring us a 32nd scale version in 2017.

The NMF is almost all AK Extreme Metallics over both AK and Alclad Black base in various areas. The finish is unsealed and the kit decals for the most part were used. I actually did a bit of weathering with Sennelier Pigments Pur Dry Pigment Noir de Black (that's what the bottle says). I've had the bottle for I'm willing to bet at least two decades and use it very sparingly. I also used an oil black pin wash for some of the more prominent panel lines and control surfaces. The idea was to tryi and give the Jug a sense of a very well maintained aircraft but one that has seen some flight time.

A wonderful kit, relaxing and typical Tamiya quality.

Can't recommend it enough

Peter

untitled-7_zpsmyolgq8y.jpg

untitled-8_zpskzkyd4uj.jpg

untitled-4_zpsqry74177.jpg

untitled-2_zpsuch03uiw.jpg

untitled_zpssivhcql6.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Justin

So very much appreciated. I was very pleasantly surprised on how easy AK Extreme Metals are to use and in all honesty, find them equal to Alclad. The only difference I've found is the AK metals seem to be a bit more metallic per given name; their aluminum is much shinier the Alclads and closer to Alclad's Polished Aluminum, so some testing is needed to see how the colors look.

Peter