Zacto A-7 correction set and Su-27 canopy available again soon

zipper

Just thought i would put in a contributing 1st post, i've spoken to zac recently, he's told me the su-27 canopy still as a few problems, it will be at least 1 month before he can make the corrections and a further 2 months to get them back into production. In his mail to me he did say he had been having problems moulding the canopy and he's hoping to correct it, but i'd assume thats why he pulled them from sale.

i'd imagine that he has had some high wastage issues from the mould making it not very cost effective to produce. 

Reiterated. What makes Chris's Unsquash Set so amazing is the delicate (but robust) windshield interior framing, and great hood to take the vac parts. You also get etch mirrors and grab handle in one piece to put on the resin A-7 hood.

It takes the Trumpy SLUF up three notches.

Tony

Just read the previous post which crossed. Hope he gets the Su-27 canopy sorted as it's the best out there.

Edited by Tony T

Reiterated. What makes Chris's Unsquash Set so amazing is the delicate (but robust) windshield interior framing, and great hood to take the vac parts. You also get etch mirrors and grab handle in one piece to put on the resin A-7 hood.

It takes the Trumpy SLUF up three notches.

Tony

100% agreed Tony. Its a great little set, and the 1 piece intakes are a must if your building a decent A-7 IMHO as well. Chris even packages the windshield framing and hood in a robust little cup to protect it during shipping. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Just thought i would put in a contributing 1st post, i've spoken to zac recently, he's told me the su-27 canopy still as a few problems, it will be at least 1 month before he can make the corrections and a further 2 months to get them back into production. In his mail to me he did say he had been having problems moulding the canopy and he's hoping to correct it, but i'd assume thats why he pulled them from sale.

i'd imagine that he has had some high wastage issues from the mould making it not very cost effective to produce. 

:post1:  It's a great bunch here, so enjoy your stay.

Good news, indeed.

'the Ebay prices for this conversion set have been out of this world!!! '

Now the A-7 price will go thru the roof.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hadn't thought of that....I have an E, but might try to get a D now. Does anyone know how many copies [of the A-7 correction set] will be available?

• 11 months later...
Guest The Southern Bandit

Crazy international Pricing too by Mr Zacto, its like he does not want to sell overseas?

I sent two kits overseas from UK  in the raffle for what must be larger parcels at a fraction of the cost  he forecasts.

Looking at Zactos F14 intake bits, utterly crazy prices for those and I'm not really sure if those parts are still for sale?

But assuming they are,  International customers - $70.00 + $23.75 S&H = $93.75 and our current exchange says that is £76.18

I priced his A7 kit too, but no more seamless intake, how would that work? Also Zacto pointed out  the canopy in kit is wrong too.

So no Canopy kit but an intake only kit for A7?

Edited by The Southern Bandit

International shipment for the average joe going through the US Post Office can be pretty pricey, especially if you want a trackable option. Larger companies usually have deals with shipping companies which they can negotiate due to high volume, but low volume guys are pretty much at the mercy of the Post Office and whatever they want to charge. Things to consider when criticizing what individuals charge for shipping. I doubt that Zacto is making money on shipping.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Dave, both my LSP raffle winners were overseas, one in USA and one to NZ I think it was, full sized kits as well? combined, nothing was like Chris Zacto was charging from USA to UK, low volume too.

Please.

Glad he is back in business, but apart from postage, his parts are very still niche stuff, £76 for an F-14 Tomcat intake fix delivered is just silly money IMHO.

Phil Flory built a 1/32 .Trumpy Tomcat without this fix, does anyone notice? until Zacto mentioned, bet not.

The A7 Corsair intake he makes is radically different though, but so were his canopy correction parts for same kit, even I noticed how bad Trumpeter got that wrong, so why re-release the intake kit (without the inside ducting) without the canopy correction kit? its going to look like one half corrected kit, surely and who wants that?

Any-ways: Thread is a bit misleading, dates from January 2016, latest development is one year later and its only for a partial A7 intake only release, if Chris were to say he is resuming full production on all his products, this would be big news indeed.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

$23.75 seems completely reasonable to me for international postage by USPS. It costs me about $13 to mail a single decal sheet in a rigid mailer to international destinations (other than Canada) because it is a parcel due to being rigid.

For example, for me to mail a 9oz package by 1st class to Japan costs $22.75.

Go to usps.com and use their postage calculator to see how much it really is, it's not cheap.