WNW Hannover Bites the Dust

OldTroll

Guest Smitty44

You have to wonder if they don't produce as many of some of the kits. With all of the kits on the "sold out" list it certainly makes me think about buying the kits I need/want sooner rather than later...ouch!!

Edited by Smitty44

I have a few of those.

Everyone I talk to actually detests the look of the Hannover. I think it's quirky and love it.

I know very few people with more than one in their stash, and few yet who have actually built one. Now they'll be 300.00 on Ebay soon...

Yup. I got one too and was wanting to get another one since there were a couple of markings I wanted to do, I guess i waited a little too long. I wonder how long it'll take for the Ebay scalpers to do their thing?

On the other hand WnW kits are a better investment than the stock market it seems.... :DodgeBall:

Edited by The Dude

• 3 months later...

It seams that every plane that both Pheon, and WnWs decide to make decals for of WnW's planes, the planes sell out. I'm surprised that the WWl Snipe and Gotha haven't sold out yet. I'm beginning to appreciate Roden more and more. So far I have each of the sold out planes. I did want more Sopwith Tripes, but luckily Roden still has them.

I would have to think that they will be re-released at some point....too much money in development and tooling not to ! They just need to get a feel for the demand and when the timing is right....out they will come.

Joe

There must be a minimum run on either the actulal tools or lack of moulding materials.

Seems strange having developed and produced the actual tool they must be good for,

at least a few thousand cycles.

Tools do wear but we are still seeing other kit manufacturers using tools from 20 years ago.......

Love to know?

I just cannot believe WNW wouldnt run more Fokker DVII but who knows. The "super" kits are a mystery still that they had announced ages ago but we have had no sign. For my part, with the amount of aftermarket that is already available for their kits from Aviattic, Pheon, Master, HGW, Gaspatch, etc I am not sure I really want or need a "super" WNW kit with a lot of extra etched parts, decals etc?

With their price rise and likely the free shipping going away I shudder at what a "super" kit might cost?

Edited by petrov27

I think it's down to relative lack of demand. WNW are selling in a small niche. Their biggest competitor is their other models - if they produce bigger runs of, say, the Fokker D.VII, it means that money can't be used to be their other kits - and it's a finite market.

I'd love to know their sales figures. I'd guess that their runs are in the single thousands, well below 10,000, probably below 5,000.

They've around 50 boxings - that's an awful lot to sell to a niche market!

Not necessarily. If the full range of Albatross D.V and Roland D.VI kitsets had been available for longer, or are reissued, I might yet bite. And then buy a Pfalz, SE5A and Bristol Fighter, and then... and so on. My current inventory is zero, and I'm very likely one of a fairly large number of modellers who have resisted the allure of WingNut Wings models.

They look like wonderful kits. However, the periodic reports of items being sold out evokes more of a "too late" response in me rather than any desperate attempt to hunt down my favourites as part of some panic buying frenzy.

Tony

I thought it strange that their two ugliest planes, the RE8 and the Hannover, sold out so quickly. Maybe they didn't make as many as other planes, like the Albatroses and the D.Vlls.

Edited by Fred Jack