I'm In!

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate it -- it keeps me very motivated. Just returned from work and will be hitting the bench after a late lunch and mowing the lawn. I added the engine to the framing last night and will be focusing on cleaning up the rest of the seams so I can shoot a coat of primer before the weekends out...

0NUe1UZ.jpg

XEiKDMG.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

I didn't use the PE hinge parts, i used a small shim in the groove for the aileron and glued the part in solid. I also glued the rudder and elevators in solid, they needed no shimming. I know the elevators droop in the ground, i like the way they look level.

Don

Thanks for the input, gents...I probably won't be priming anything as I'll need to fill some holes that I should never have drilled (RTFM!). And it's raining/humid today (my man cave is my garage).

And a little more filler will be needed....

Edited by Shaka HI

I didn't use the PE hinge parts, i used a small shim in the groove for the aileron and glued the part in solid. I also glued the rudder and elevators in solid, they needed no shimming. I know the elevators droop in the ground, i like the way they look level.

Don

Yes, I'll definitely be doing this on my next build!

Most of the seams looks good, clear parts prep'd, gunsight mostly painted, natural metal engine parts partly "painted" with AK Interactive Aluminum paste -- I think I might tackle a NMF finish next. This stuff is just superb..the picture does not do it any justice. I have not polished it, yet as it's barely dry when I took the picts:

U27uYr2.jpg

ZEighFH.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI