I'm In!

My first 1/32 Build. My First Group Build! My First online build!

Never knew this man, but I've been reading everything about him in all the forums and I'd like to honor him by giving him my virginity!

In all seriousness -- he reminds me of the many people I've come to know in person and online and would be honored to participate.

Tamiya 1/32 Mk IXc, straight OOB.

I finished the instrument panel and started building the major components. I'm flabbergasted by the fit of this modern kit...almost feels like cheating...

It's going to be a clean build, because..well, I don't know how to weather and I really don't like the look,  but we will see.

6PMIopA.jpg9i7Xe5D.jpg

Thanks for the welcome...not much to show, but I'm trying to clean/assemble as much as possible before priming/painting to commence. Most of the cockpit/engine has been assembled without hindering airbrushing and/or detailed painting -- well, I hope that would be the case. So many little parts -- I'm surprised I haven't lost any part so far! If there's any pointers, please advise.

rx40nGC.jpg

Hi Shaka, that instrument panel looks sharp. Good job.

One tip I can offer is to clean all paint off the mating surfaces of parts. The fit of these Tamiya kits is very critical and even a thin layer of primer or paint can be enough to upset the balance, leaving things misaligned.

Where the cockpit sides fit into the fuselage for example. If they don't seat just-so in their guides the fuselage will be difficult to close. HTH

Keep up the neat work.

Cheers.

Aloha, Everyone! Not much done, some assembly completed with the wing/UC bays. Fit is fantastic and even with numerous parts, they require very little clean up and fit so well, I basically stopped test fitting them and just started cementing them on! I've gone as far as I can with the cockpit and engine, so I might start some airbrushing some real paint this weekend!

Thank you for your comments and good night/morning/afternoon!

m2i5u9J.jpg

VClBNv2.jpg

LOL..thanks Maru! Yes, I'm kinda of neat freak (germaphobe as well)  -- which I think is a bit extreme because it slows me down. Not sure when this happened....

Thanks everyone. Wing assembly is mostly complete and I was hoping to spray some real paint, but it  looks like I'll have to head into work this weekend (among other activities..and we're experiencing some incredibly pleasant, pleasant weather), bummer because I think this is the fastest I've ever worked (assuming I finish this and if I did it would be my second!).

Kinda neat to see all those parts dwindle down to something that looks somewhat manageable...Have a nice weekend.

I'm an organised worker too Shaka (a place for everything and everything in its place) but it doesn't slow me down because I can instantly put my hand on any tool, paint pot, piece of plastic/metal sheet, wire etc etc instead of spending ages rummaging looking for it. Can't stand clutter!! :)

Max

Thanks Max, but I think I'm a bit different in that I get involved in the "collateral" stuff more in an attempt to avoid the real work somehow..not sure how to explain it. It's like doing taxes and gathering all your paper work, filing them, cleaning your desk, cleaning your keyboard (try getting crud off between the keys!) and bunch of other stuff when you should be filing your taxes!

Anyway, I'm curious on how I should correct a part that was twisted in the sprue..it's the rear portion of the prop. After snipping the part of and doing a little sanding, I noticed that there's a slight indentation:

LNFwDNv.jpg