1/32nd scale Avro Shackleton - scratchbuild project

tomprobert

Fantastic progress Tom! It's so helpful seeing all the little steps come together on this enormous project. It also makes it hard to complain about just building a standard model, at least for me! 

Keep up the great progress!  :)

Paul 

I haven't had any time at the bench to work on this project, but thought I'd share some 3D printing that's been helping with this build...

I'm indebted to Kev67 for his help here - he's done some beautiful prints of the main wheels:

28392333342_e19ea2721f_c.jpg

In sort, this'll save a whole lot of complex scratch-building smile.png

Tom

Hi Tom;

Would those wheels be the same as used on the Avro Lincoln? It's just that I have plans to build the forthcoming HK Lanc kit as the BBMF's PA474, and she uses Lincoln wheels. Wondering if it was worth sweet talking Kev67...

Really glad to see you back at work on the Shackleton. It's a masterclass in vac building and scratch building and I'm learning lots from you! Next to Peter's Spit XIV, this is the other build thread I make a beeline for when I drop in here. It's an awesome project that quite simply, ROCKS!  :punk:

Best regards;

Steve

Awesome work Tom  :speak_cool:  :thumbsup: (looks very much like the one that is currently being rebuilt at Bruntingthorpe airfield! - I will be there working on the LPG Lightnings this weekend, so if you need me to look at anything, just ask).

Derek

Hi Tom;

Would those wheels be the same as used on the Avro Lincoln? It's just that I have plans to build the forthcoming HK Lanc kit as the BBMF's PA474, and she uses Lincoln wheels. Wondering if it was worth sweet talking Kev67...

Really glad to see you back at work on the Shackleton. It's a masterclass in vac building and scratch building and I'm learning lots from you! Next to Peter's Spit XIV, this is the other build thread I make a beeline for when I drop in here. It's an awesome project that quite simply, ROCKS!  :punk:

Best regards;

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, as far as I know the late Lancasters, Lincolns and Shackleton MR1/MR2 all used the same main wheel - the BBMF is still using Shackleton tires left over from the AEW2 days. The Canadian Lancaster also uses this wheel, too.

The wheels I have are the masters, but Kev still has the files as far as I know so printing some more shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

Awesome work Tom :speak_cool: :thumbsup: (looks very much like the one that is currently being rebuilt at Bruntingthorpe airfield! - I will be there working on the LPG Lightnings this weekend, so if you need me to look at anything, just ask).

Derek

Hi Derek,

Some shots of the radiators would be great if you get time...

Many thanks,

Tom