tomprobert

1/32nd scale Avro Shackleton AEW2 - scratchbuild project

Thanks for the warm welcome back, folks. 

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice, really glad to see this one back!   Even if I would have loved to see the Short Sunderland make a return!

The Sunderland has not been forgotten, fear not. I was only doing a little bit to the interior the other day - not really worth photographing but it’s still ticking along, albeit at a glacial pace. 
I’ve still got the 1/48th B-52 lurking around the bench too - in fact I hop around like a pea on a drum between projects so no tellings what’ll get worked on next and when!

All the best,

Tom

4 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Thanks for the warm welcome back, folks. 

The Sunderland has not been forgotten, fear not. I was only doing a little bit to the interior the other day - not really worth photographing but it’s still ticking along, albeit at a glacial pace. 
I’ve still got the 1/48th B-52 lurking around the bench too - in fact I hop around like a pea on a drum between projects so no tellings what’ll get worked on next and when!

All the best,

Tom

Whew! And I thought I was the only one with this problem!

THOR    :ph34r:

I've been steadily shaping the rear end today - quite pleased with the new look and I think a big improvement over my original effort:

49705174503_ce0059ea79_z.jpgS1030208 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

I've also begun making the master mold for the plexiglass tail cone - this will be bulked out and shaped with Milliput in due course:

49705709686_9e10348456_z.jpgS1030200 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

Good to be making some progress on this again :)

Take care all,

Tom

Just a thought, but how can a 1/48 B52 "be lurking" on the bench???? I would have thought it would be the other way around :unsure: Regards, Pete in RI

Great to see you back on this one Tom! I'm sure you've watched this before but I only just came across it this morning.

The first thing I noticed was the rear fuselage having flat sides, just as you pointed out!!! ;)

It's quite interesting how one plane was available as either a nose wheel OR tail dragger!

Can't wait to see more!

Craig