talking about "early" cold war warriors........

Jack

I'm more than content with the prospect of the Hong Kong Models FG.1/F-4K Phantom II.

For sheer sales potential I'd rate the slightly later European gear like the J.35 Draken, F.1 Mirage and Jaguar as wise moves.

American counterparts would be the missing Century Series (Voodoo, Deuce and Six).

Russian the Fishpot/Maiden, Flagon and Foxbat.

Lots of potential still out there.

If a Javelin was made in resin I'd pass. And life's too short for vac-forms.

Tony

Heretic!!!!! :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

he indeed "is", but he also has a point here, because a possible Javelin in resin would be toooooooooooooooooo heavy, but he chickens out on a vac version.....btw IS THERE a vac version of a Javelin???

I too think a resin Javelin would weigh a ton..... A vac would be a much better alternative. People just can't get past the cut and sand part, even though it is super easy!!! It's like demanding a pedestrian bridge be built because of being uncertain whether you can look both ways before crossing a road in the normal fashion.

Well, anyhow, considering all the cold war jets that were actually serving anywhere, we are indeed getting close to "all" of them in 1/32 scale, lest some centurion class and ruskies........

And ofcourse some of them, like the Javelin, would be a realistic problem, commercially of course.

ok, i'll just keep on dreaming...

J.

Heretic!!!!! :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

he indeed "is", but he also has a point here, because a possible Javelin in resin would be toooooooooooooooooo heavy, but he chickens out on a vac version.....btw IS THERE a vac version of a Javelin???

There are too many really quite beautiful and fun IM kits out there for me to justify chasing after the really high maintenance taskmasters.

I started on a £35 vac Flagon then realised there was absolutely nothing off-the-shelf out there, and that I'd need to design and spend maybe £110 on etch and decals and fork out £75 on having master parts copied in resin, and at this juncture in my life I don't have 200 hours to spare either.

I wouldn't rule out a vac, but it would need to be like the Echelon Lightning -- which is stunningly well-served by AM thanks to the Trumpeter kits -- making it doable to a high standard.

I feel this way about the bubble top Canberra, as I'd love to build a No.360 Sqn T.17. Big heap of resin details, metal legs, some etch and decals and suddenly a vac becomes an enjoyable challenge.

However, I fear an IM or multi-media bubble top Canberra is about as likely as Jack's Javelin.

Tony

If it wasn't for the vortex generators, a 1/32 Javelin could also serve well as an ironing board or counter top... ;)

Well Michael, these "ironboards" were stationed at Geilenkirchen a whole lot of years ago, together with Canberras, Lightnings and others, they flew overhead our house on final approach to runway 09 (or maybe it was 10 or 11 at that time, variation you know, but i was to young to have any knowledge of that)

But that aircraft, together with the Canberra, triggered my aviation interest.....yeah i know, i'm an old fart.... :piliot:

Edited by Jack

I'd also love to see a Valiant to round out he trifecta of V bombers. It is sorta lost in history...

If i'm not mistaken there IS a Valiant model in 1/72 out there, but i can't recall the brand.

Vfmoooooooooomfmvoooooooooooooom

There's a Sanger 1/48 Vulcan on the way but nada in the Valliant or Victor department

Tweefix have some kits if you're up for going blind painting umpteen wheels

At this stage I'd settle for a 1/32 IM Buccaneer

Tony