Post Apocalyptic OV-10A Bronco

Haggis

This thread is going to change how I build my models.

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post these great, easy to understand, step by step guides as to how you use the ammo of Mig products. I especially appreciate the side by side comparisons that help a lot with working out how much wash / streaking / dust is needed to build up this ultra realistic effect.

As others have said, that Pepsi sign patch is a stroke of genius.

Thanks chaps.

Right, last bit was the base.  It started with a cheap frame from Hobbycraft, some thin foam board and Celluclay.

P1010048_zpseo5qrrdp.jpg

Some fine grit Wet and dry was glued in place and a thin coat of plaster was applied over the clay; then the whole lot given a coat of Stynylrez Black.

P1010053_zpsj19qxiub.jpg

Thinned PVA was brushed on, this was the base for the dirt which was fine sand, grit and real dirt from the garden.

P1010063_zpsuvuqc8ou.jpg

When dry the dirt was sprayed with various tones of buff and sand.  I used multiple tones to break up the colour and create false shadows enhancing the depth.  Note how it was sprayed over the edge of the tarmac, this will help to blend it all together.

P1010066_zpsfywm5ttr.jpg

P1010068_zpsyozshgro.jpg

Now for a wash, Ammo of Mig Streaking Grime was thinned still further then allowed to soak into the ground work.  It needed blending over the tarmac as otherwise tide marks would appear.

P1010071_zpsytyeb51q.jpg

Darker brown tones were used in areas to give a more 3D and realistic effect.  Dry brushing and pigments were also used after the wash was dry.

P1010073_zpsiakryao2.jpg

Various plants from Joefix were used too.

P1010076_zpsot2y7tm0.jpg

Here is the finished base.  It's quite simple but I wanted the aeroplane to be the focus.

P1010078_zpsgqcczi7h.jpg

And that's it, project complete!  I hope you've enjoyed the thread, I must say this is my favourite project I've done to date and is now my "the house is on fire and I've only got time to save one model" model!   :wub:

P1010221_zpsjpcc2umk.jpg

And that's it, project complete!  I hope you've enjoyed the thread, I must say this is my favourite project I've done to date and is now my "the house is on fire and I've only got time to save one model" model!   :wub:

P1010221_zpsjpcc2umk.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous project.

I just logged in to let you know that this has been one of the most helpful threads/magazine articles/blogs that I have read in a very long time!

Superb! And thanks for the huge effort of taking the pictures and explaining it all. I promise you, it was worth it. You'v got a fan in me!

cheers,