Thanks Mike and Shaka, as I said at the time, the Meteor was a joy to build.....another 56 squadron plane. I have everything ready for the T7 except time.....these blinkin' GBs keep dragging me in and there's another one beckoning in the New Year!

Max

Whoops! Sorry Max, I missed this too!! Lovely build, and yes, Compton Abbas is lovely too!

No problems Tim, 'twas a long time ago!!  We know the coffee's good at Compton Abbas too don't we!?

Max, very nice model you got there mate. Congrats with this great result. :goodjob:

Greetz

Danny

Cheers Danny.  I'm usually a prop man but the Meteor was an early, even a wartime, jet AND it's 56 squadron so it qualifies to sit in my collection!

Cheers Danny.  I'm usually a prop man but the Meteor was an early, even a wartime, jet AND it's 56 squadron so it qualifies to sit in my collection!

Same here Max, mostly prop guy, but a early jet from the sixty's or seventy's and English are also my favorite subjects.

I have an 56 squadron Phantom FGR.Mk.2 in my display case, but it's 1/48.

Greetz

Danny

Checkerboard F1A most probably but I haven't researched nor given it any thought really Mike.....even what kits are available....I think Trumpeter do one?

I believe so, but I've heard good and bad about it.  Any Frightning experts available for comment?

[Edit - posted this, then saw you'd started a new thread on this very subject.]

Edited by MikeC

Max, Trumpeter F1a/F3 and a F2a/F6. Both have their troubles, the later one is maybe the lesser of the two to fix. Mods are all well known and documented, and Iain has been working on a fix set for a little while...... Otherwise if you can track down an Echelon vac kit, more assembly but MUCH more accurate shape. Price to match, though....