[G] MiG-23MLD Flogger-K - Trumpeter 1:32.

Gelerth

Somehow I managed to get to the end of journey with quite good model ofTrumpeter's MiG-23.

I've add resin set from Aires (cockpit, exhaust, whell bays etc), air scoops from Quickboost, Pitot and statis dischargers from Master and questionable wheels from Armory. Also I did some wiring to the engine and to the landing gear.

Additionaly I used a countless number of magnets used as well on aircrafe frame and wings and on pylons/missiles/bombs etc.

Reason for this that model, camo scheme and base were inspired by a photo of a real monument with MiG bort 96. Usually such aricrafts do not have any armament so I've decided to do payload as a plug and play. In this way you can attach any kind of bomb or missile you want in variuos combination as I did almost 30 different weapons.

It was quite occupying task but effect if very interesting. Additionally the whole rear part of plane can be detached and set on the cart to show engine and it's mounting.

Finally the part of the base with monument can be removed showing another version of base with the imitation of asphalt airfield

How I did? You have to decide. It's a 27th model in my career but only 7th plane.
Please watch and comment:
_MG_2001.jpg
_MG_2003.jpg
_MG_2006.jpg
_MG_2007.jpg
_MG_2009.jpg
_MG_2010.jpg
_MG_2012.jpg
_MG_2013.jpg
_MG_2016.jpg
_MG_2017.jpg

Outstanding Flogger, Gelerth!

This WIP was fun to watch and I want you to know that it was very inspiring for me, as well. So much so, that I have a 1/48 Trumpeter 23M on it's way and a pile of aftermarket parts to go along with it. This will be a test run for at least one more, but in 1/32 scale, to come later.

Again, thank you so much for posting!

:goodjob:

John

What a terrific build and setup -  a standing ovation and a bow from me  :wub:

Lothar

Thank you very much Lothar.

Fantastic build. Fit and cammo finish is simply stellar

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thank you Peter.

Outstanding Flogger, Gelerth!

This WIP was fun to watch and I want you to know that it was very inspiring for me, as well. So much so, that I have a 1/48 Trumpeter 23M on it's way and a pile of aftermarket parts to go along with it. This will be a test run for at least one more, but in 1/32 scale, to come later.

Again, thank you so much for posting!

John

John, thank you. I'ts nice to read that my work became inspiration for you. I know that your model will be very good.

This is seriously great work. Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you Jarda.

Outstanding build! Build and pics are top notch....Harv

Big thanks Harvey.

HOMERUN!!!!!!! That is an awesome build. Thanks for sharing.

Rod

Thank you very much Rod.

Thanks.

Truly amazing! Love all the options/weapons- really very impressive! Well done!!! :punk:

Thank you very much Thunda. I'm glad that you like my ideas.

hi

a very attractive displayed Mig 23 , original scheme , plaisant thread build , good job mate !!!!!!!! I rather like the last display option , but it's a matter of taste ..... isn't it????.... I must add a Mig 23 in my build list !!!!!!

Alain