Tamiya A6M2B Zero

P-51D Man

I'm building the Tamiya A6M5 right now myself.

I built up the entire cockpit than airbrushed it XF-74 interior green and than hit the smaller colors with a brush, no problem. I also found the seat belt material inferior but used them.

Some of the Wire and PE hinges can be a PITA! Take your time and be patient. You will need 3 hands for some of it! I created fixtures out of silly putty and blue-tack to hold parts down.

Toadwbg I decided not to use the photo etch metal and just glue the wings instead of having moveable flaps and such. 

I just finished the flaps, they weren't too bad, easier than the gear doors.

Careful too on the landing gear.

Don't get me started on the gear doors. Some things I think I should just wait to finish towards the end of the model build.

I am not the worlds best model builder, I am sure my photos show that but I do appreciate the kind words on the forum from everyone. I enjoy looking at every build that comes on here. I am not competition material but I think I do a good enough job. I try to be patient with every kit I start. Of course my fat fingers do not help. LOL. I am blessed to have a person who is very good building models help me with his advice. And to everyone on the forum I do appreciate your advice as well. Only way to improve is ask and listen to what is said, and there is a wealth of knowledge here.

If it makes you feel any better, the two trouble spots I had on my Tamiya A6m5 build was the inner gear doors and the flaps. No matter how much I adjusted them, the flaps would not stay in place.

Thank you. I am having trouble also. And I will post pics this week for some reason I had trouble putting the wings and the aircraft body together. Other than that it has been a great model build. Now I hope the engine goes together and mounts with no problems. The flaps are just going to be glued into place, I am not going to bother with moveable flaps, but that is just me. Easy way out I guess.

Thank you. I am having trouble also. And I will post pics this week for some reason I had trouble putting the wings and the aircraft body together. Other than that it has been a great model build. Now I hope the engine goes together and mounts with no problems. The flaps are just going to be glued into place, I am not going to bother with moveable flaps, but that is just me. Easy way out I guess.

I built the A6M5 a few years ago, I have an A56M2 in transit from Japan. That engine goes together like a Swiss watch!

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since we heard anything about this build...how are things coming?

I know how it goes--my A6M2 build may seem to be stalled, but it is slowly moving along. Posting pics soon...

I hope you are continuing with this one P51 Man!

Regards,

Tom