Tamiya A6M2B Zero

P-51D Man

Ok here goes. Every New Years Eve I like to start a major project. This year I decided it was time to start my brand new Tamiya 1/32 A6M2B Zero fighter. I received this kit as a gift for Christmas a few years ago. So now is the time to build it.

I must say the first thing I noticed even before I opened the box was the weight of it. And when I did open it the detail of this kit just popped out right in from of me. The first thing was to glue the small delicate parts to both fuselage halves as well as gluing parts to the sides and bottom of what will become the cockpit. I used Tamiya XF-71 cockpit green for the colors. I did not mix any other colors as this color was fine by me. Now after the paint dries I will go back and add some detail colors with a fine brush. Enjoy the photos that are here.

IMGP0312_zpse8lblzkj.jpg

Other half of the aircraft..

IMGP0311_zps999zluz8.jpg

Cockpit side

IMGP0310_zpsjxkb4gs2.jpg

other side of cockpit

IMGP0309_zpsawjujskw.jpg

IMGP0308_zpscyb8qusy.jpg

That's it for now. Wish me luck. I am going into different waters of this hobby I have never been before. Photo-etch to begin with. 

I do have something new to report on this project. Before I painted the interior I had knocked over my bottle of liquid cement all over the outside of the airframe. Moved it aside without  touch the exterior portion and let it dry. Now to gently buff the exterior to get rid of that  "glue Shine" and I like to call it.

No harm to the detail...........uug this hobby can be nerve racking at times, or most of the time but I do love it.

Ok I added some detail to the interior and so far it looks good. At least I think. But before I post the pics I want to know from all of you out there how you assemble the parts like to the cockpit and side of the aircraft bulkheads. Do you attach before painting, which makes painting a  heck of alot easier or do you attach them after painting and hope you get a good part to part seal or adheasion?  I would like to know this. Also I think I really need to get a finer tiped paint brush. Any recomendations on what would be good for the small details.

IMGP0316_zpsxeg6f6ut.jpg

I took it for granted that the tanks were supposed to be red....they are not. Some kind of blue according to the instructions. But I think it looks good.

IMGP0319_zpslazwncts.jpg

IMGP0318_zps9an7jmot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some more work done to the zero today. The following show the fuselage together, back cockpit bulkhead with the supports for the pilot chair and the seat. Nothing done to that as of yet.

IMGP0321_zpsxmoc6xi6.jpg

IMGP0322_zps4riquke4.jpg

Ok no photo of the seat but that is ok since I have not done anything to it yet.