Chinese Curtiss Hawk III

Zero77

Excellent!  This is one I plan to do (I have the same LSM bits).

What do you plan to do for decals?

Tim W.

I have a set from Bestfong. They dont look perfect, but it's the only available option. I may also try to design masks, but i dont know what will be the result because of the multiple teeth of the Nationalist chinese roundels.

Wanted: the 1/32 Lone Star Models conversion kit #LSM 30537   Hawk III conversion

For use with Hasegawa BF2C-1 kit. Contains the cowling and the three bladed propeller. I especially want  the cowl.
The owner of Lone Star is on extended vacation from all this and is not filling any new orders.
If any of you have the kit and do not intend to use it I would like to buy it.
I would still like to  convert the Hasegawa BF2CD-1 kit to the Chinese version. 
Stephen

Are you sure Stephen? He was at the begining of the year, but i think he's back to taking orders now.

Are you sure Stephen? He was at the begining of the year, but i think he's back to taking orders now.

Another temporary "closure" to catch up on orders and new products: ........... Hmmmmmm, my link won't work, so here's a quote from a new message over on Hyperscale:

June 5 2016 at 1:08 PM

"not taking anymore orders for now.

Those with the NC-4, Felixstowe and O-47 on order need not worry they will be released. One of the reasons I stopped taking orders for now. All orders on the books are being taken care of as well. Many shipped yesterday, more this week.

I will be in attendance in Columbia for the IPMS Nationals.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Mike"

Thanks Martin. I have a lot of these pictures of this crash, taken by the japanese. I also have a small film where one can see a few details.

That's certainly one of the most documented chinese Hawk III, ironically documented by the japanese.

Today i finished the cockpit with the rudder pedals and the instrument panel.

I had to find a way to attach the pedals... Not easy to deal with the resin sidewall and small details. They may be a bit too far from the seat but i was not able to glue them closer without removing the small gauge and swith on the left side.

20160612_011314_zps2m8ngb6e.jpg

And the IP :

20160612_011325_zps5sqomhza.jpg

20160612_011243_zpsxvugzpxj.jpg

20160612_011303_zpsgzfthhjq.jpg

A small dry fit, with the Hawk III engine cowling. The upper and lower wings seem to fall in place greatly.

20160611_011905_zpshjgbpq7w.jpg

20160611_011900_zpsugjieeqq.jpg