1/48 XB -70

do335b6

YES!  The beautiful thing about this one in operational markings is that no-one can tell you you did it wrong.  You could look at SEA camo, wrap-around like on a B-52, overall gunship grey, some form of black like the SR-71 or B-2...  or anything else you may find interesting.

Have a look at this site for some what-if Valkyrie schemes http://www.edwardsflighttest.com/b70.html,

I rather like the thunderbirds look and this one:

QB70A.jpg

Hey do335bg, Unfortunately the Valkyrie never went into operational service, Just the 2 test beds they created where the only ones to do any flight time until the first XB-70 was lost in a mid air misshap and was a total loss. The only other schemes besides white that I have seen the Valkyrie in is in a dark grey scheme in some books about what it might have had paint wise if it did go into production. Good Luck with the Kit.

Chris.

This is properly awesome. The B-70 is about as awesome as jets get, and a four foot model is really the way to do it. Rock on man ... I'm just jealous that you have a youn fella who can appreciate it, my daughters will get into anything involving princesses or fairies but have no interest in military aviation ... :(

Cheers

Jim

After seeing one in person at the Air Force Museum, I'd have to go all white. I'm going this way with my 1/72. Even though white is a PITA to get good coverage.

But I have to ask, did the little one lose a bet? Or is he the dare to be different type of kid? Love the haircut! Always tried to talk one of my boys into it and they never would. Closest we got was the high and tight the Army provided! LOL!

Hey do335bg, Unfortunately the Valkyrie never went into operational service, Just the 2 test beds they created where the only ones to do any flight time until the first XB-70 was lost in a mid air misshap and was a total loss. The only other schemes besides white that I have seen the Valkyrie in is in a dark grey scheme in some books about what it might have had paint wise if it did go into production. Good Luck with the Kit.

Chris.

FYI- it was the more advanced (got a lot of bugs out with the experiance of the first build) second machine that was lost in the mid-air.