Squadron after Christmas sale

ScottsGT

I had to post this deal for everyone. But got the usual email from Squadron and figured I'd take a look for giggles. We all know their sales really aren't "sales".

Scrolling through the pages I scanned across the Kittyhawk Texan in NMF. It was priced at $63.00. Two pages back I stumbled across the yellow Texan and it's priced at $36.00 on sale. Not sure if someone with dyslexia built the website (not a joke, I have what I call "numerical dyslexia" where I mix up numbers and transpose them all the time) or its a legit sale price.

Already have the first kit out, so no need to pull the trigger. But I figured someone here may be interested.

If I didn't just tap out the funds on another purchase, I'd buy this just to say I got it so cheap!

EDIT: Just stumbled across the 1/200 Missouri for $266.00 Never seen it listed anywhere that low!

Ok, now I wish I had some cash on hand.....

Dig deep boys, they might actually have a real sale going on with a few items!

Edited by ScottsGT

I'd like to buy from squadron but postage to Aus is a killer. I really like their sanding sticks. $9.98 for a pack of 5. After shipping $64.08!!! Give me a break.

Edited by Vitali

It is after Christmas. I am below broke. Alas.

Sometimes Squadron has very good sales, you have to look for them. Once long ago they were offering the float 1/24 Spitfire and Rufe at about 1/2 price. I bought 1 of each. 

Money, money money. It all gives me a headache.

Stephen

Have bought from Squadron sales before - some excellent pricing - but postage costs across the pond are prohibitive now.   :(

Suspect it's the same going the other way from European suppliers...

Iain

Guest Smitty44

Just picked up five cockpit sets and one wheel set for $42 Avionix-F-16C Blk 30-32( planning on doing an Arctic Agressor)

F-16 Viper (Academy kit It was only 5 bucks why not)

Su-27(only six bucks or so)

F/A-18B (think I will do a Blue Angels #7)

and True Details F-104G(I'll see what I can use in the Italieri kit)

So I say.......why not!!??

UK retailers take note!!

This is why we all buy from the Far East!!

Nick, who hasn't seen even a hint of a decent sale from the like of Hannants...

And, if you think that's bad, keep in mind that most of us over here don't really see anything that resembles a "sale" at Squadron, hardly ever. There are exceptions, but other vendors, both here and in the Far East, are usually the better option. I can think of a couple vendors here that have better everyday prices than Squadron's "sale" prices and they do it without any of the thinly veiled pricing shenanigans that Squadron pulls (otherwise referred to as "blowing smoke up my....").

John

And, if you think that's bad, keep in mind that most of us over here don't really see anything that resembles a "sale" at Squadron, hardly ever. There are exceptions, but other vendors, both here and in the Far East, are usually the better option. I can think of a couple vendors here that have better everyday prices than Squadron's "sale" prices and they do it without any of the thinly veiled pricing shenanigans that Squadron pulls (otherwise referred to as "blowing smoke up my....").

John

John, John, I know the word you've missed off...........it's.......................................................................................................

POSTERIOR! :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :whistle:

I know sales of this sort are thin on the ground in the UK but I snaffled a Ju88 A-4 (to add to my unbuilt A-1) from Hannants earlier this month and paid a mere £25 for it, along with a few other bits and pieces. Ridiculous bargain price for a twin-engined 1/32 bomber. Still, there wasn't much else LSP that took my interest there.