ghatherly

GTR A-10 Engine Sets are Live!!!!!!!!&

Hey everyone. Just an update if you choose the remove the casting block. I now use a 2" cut off wheel in my deemed tool. I picked up one that operates from vacuum suction and love it! Eliminates 90% of the mess as the debris is sucked in through the deemed into the vacuum.

Cut the solid Block from the side behind the blades and work your way around the fan. There remains a small section behind the hub that that wheel cannot reach, but using the wheel from the back of the fan and working carefully cuts the center out and the casting block falls off.

Wa la.......

Edited by ghatherly

Oh Bwog2, that would be so wonderful! As far as the fans go, they should look great once they are painted and a little wash applied, I personally don't see the use in possibly mangling the blades by trying to remove them from the pour stub. But that's just me.

Chuk

Edited by otis252

Hi guys, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out a bit for one of my projects here on LSP?

Could you give me the outside dia of the fan face and the dia of the centre cone? I know it sounds silly but the first stage fan might work on my Skyhawk engine front I am scratch building. I have just made the stator ring and the fan behind it looks like I can utilise your resin fan! The blades all angle the correct way and on quick count appear to have the right number. The dia will be slightly bigger but that won't be a prob by the way I have designed it.

Let me know if that is ok, and if it looks like working I am even keen on buying some rejects with broken blades as I have made the front in 2 halves and could prob get away with using a section with 2/3 left in tact, either that or just purchase a set of fans separately.

Any help would be much appreciated......you can see my build here on LSP if interested.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hey Anthony,

In 1/32 ours are way to big for the A-4.    A 1/48  Fan might be the right size and something to consider.    FYi to all,,, we don't keep or sell damaged product,  it is destroyed immediately as there is no reason to keep it around.   Great question though and a nice build.

Thanks Gary!

Appreciate the reply, and I sure dont know why I didnt think of a 48th fan.  I just did the math on the front fan and it will be perfect!

Thanks again, sometimes we need a prod to think outside the box! I see Quickboost do an inexpensive upgrade in 48th.

Cheers

Anthony

Hey Gary, big thanks mate!

The QB corrected fan fronts arrived today in 48th and they are absolutely perfect!

I have already started machining the front nacelle off and the fit is identical in dia to the piece I made from actual measurements.

Appreciated the suggestion, I would never have thought of that.  Will update by build thread once I have more to show.

Cheers

Anthony

Glad to help. Back in the day we were all scratch builders and kit bashers is we wanted anything other than the kit offering, since there was no Aftermarket.

Post a pic or two here would be very welcome as well.