Mirage III

HL-10

This is Italeri's Mirage III.

Its an OOB build for a magazine review (I used an aftermarket turned aluminium nose probe as the kit part was not very good)

Painted with Alclad.

Not a bad kit, but numerous fit issues sadly :(

100_5623.jpg

image hosting 30 mb

100_5624.jpg

image upload no limit

100_5615.jpg

image upload no size limit

100_5613.jpg

uploading images

100_5620.jpg

image hosting no sign up

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo

Very good job!

but plizzzz, no lamps on the front gear leg for a Mirage IIIC...

and some other minor issues:

no "sabre" antenna (VHF) on this plane from 1960' years. This one was destroy in 1968.

raf

Edited by rafju

Thanks for the comments guys.

"but plizzzz, no lamps on the front gear leg for a Mirage IIIC...
and some other minor issues:
no "sabre" antenna (VHF) on this plane from 1960' years. This one was destroy in 1968"

It was built as an OOB project as a magazine review so it is a "Warts and all" build, hence the landing lights.

. in my opinion , this kit is underneath from today's productions , too much issues

Alain 

Possibly... But it depends of the definition of "today's productions". We usually think about the best kits as reference, but i can recall a lot of recent kits which have been criticized for various reason (shape, dimensions, moulding issues....). Actually this one especially suffers from bad fit, but the overall shape, details and dimensions seem OK.

This was an OOB build for a review and the fit issues are there and should be mentioned.  Which he did.

All in all, this kit will meet a  definite need in 1/32 scale so I applaud the manufacturer :clap2: and I wish him much success selling these.

As to the fit issues, are people allergic to putty and sandpaper?

P & S solves most fit issues.

If one wants a 1/32 Mirage III  and nothing better comes along then this is the one to build.

To my eyes, a bit of putty and sanding makes the build much more interesting.

Stephen

Great work!

I'm also curious to hear more about the NMF paint job. In particular, any prep work that you did to the parts, beforehand. From the sprue shots and various WIP threads, it seems to have a grainy texture to it, yet your build looks relatively smooth. Again, fine work and thanks for posting!

John

Great work!

I'm also curious to hear more about the NMF paint job. In particular, any prep work that you did to the parts, beforehand. From the sprue shots and various WIP threads, it seems to have a grainy texture to it, yet your build looks relatively smooth. Again, fine work and thanks for posting!

John

The surface of the plastic was a bit grainy in places so it was smoothed off with polishing cloths before applying a cote of Alcad's own gloss black primer.

The finish did not turn out as smooth as I would have liked in places, there still is a grainy finish in a few areas.

That may be due to the primer cote not being sufficient enough to protect the plastic from the aggressive solvents in the Alclad.