P-47 D...

Chris/Germany

Time to finish a sad lady.....she will be called "Ernestyne", Pilot Robert Unangst. Started her 3 months ago, then had to wait for a few Jerry Rutman parts ( prop and wheels) and then had to prepare a few kits of my collection for the "InterModellbau2003" at the end of this month. But now it's her turn....here a few pics of her undressed #>wink.gif
First one is "oneoclock", checkerboards handpainted. Enjoy,

Chris /Germany

post-4-1066425111.jpg

next one is detail of fuselage with cooler and turbocharger drains and channels...what a great job of the engeneers who build this plane! As you can see the stringers are not painted yet, I use normal plastic-sheet, cutted to right size.

post-4-1066425427.jpg

next one is close-up of starboard wing with cannons and ammo-belts. Construction of wing is not very difficult, what made me nearly mad is to feed the ammo-belts with 4mm pieces of brass wire, gives nearly two meters in lenght for all four cannons!

Hope you enjoy......

post-4-1066425601.jpg

Thanx guys, although I'm a german the "Jug" and the "Stang" are my favourite planes because of their complex cooler and turbocharger systems, really a "Mekka" for a scratchbuilder, especially the Jug has more space in its fuselage than a Me109 with only a few radios and oxygen bottles. Lots of fun, especially when my wife's asking:"........finished.....or not!?!?!?!?" #>laugh.gif

cheers
Chris

#>ohmy.gif Chris, amazing work on the jug. My vote would be for one or two birds from each country... A Tony,Jack, Spit,Tiffy,and so on down the line; I really enjoy the stuff you are building;thanks for sharing.......mike in calif

mike, a Spit and a Hurri and a Stang is on the way, sent the photostories to Brad, think he will post it soon! A Tiffy is also done, but she needs a little rework ( was one of the first cutaways I built), and the Japanese Fighters are waiting in the closet , have the planes for a "Red Sun" collection complete including a Tony and a Raiden, but first I think I'll do some jugs, maybe the "Wolfpack"....project planning is done 'till...ah...
2070!

Chris

Because she had to wait nearly 3 months to get finished I decided last night 1.00am to give her a metal landing gear :unsure: .......................here it is, not really finished, but looking much better than the plastic one from the kit

• 3 weeks later...

Pic update.........
as an extra to the metal landing-gear I also decided to spent her a NMF in metal foil, think this time it works a little bit better than the first time I tried with the Mustangs, here's a shot of portside.
Question: because I know these planes weren't really high gloss like some warbirds today in their "chrome-like" finish I want to give her a more "aluminium-like" look but I'm not shure what's the best way. Some drybrushing with "powder colours" like black and umber, before or after sealing with a gloss coat?
Any suggestions would be welcome,
thanx
Chris/Germany

post-4-1068501372.jpg

• 1 month later...