What-if Meteor in Canadian Armed Forces markings

dmthamade

I should have done this in the What-if GB, didn't think i would have it done by the end. It's the HK Models F.4 Meteor that will be done in Canadian colors of 414 Squadron. I'm using a Leading Edge sheet for a T-33. I've painted it with Tamiya AS-12 spray can and did some high vis panels on the wings and horizontal stab in red, top and bottom. The tail i did in red/black stripes. I still may do the front engine cowls in red/black divided into quarters.

IMG_4507_1_zpsbqigal0g.jpg

IMG_4506_1_zpsw9exgtto.jpg

IMG_4505_1_zpsiwtvwqzz.jpg

Hope to finish this by years end, may be tight.

Don

I like it, but to make it 'correct', shouldn't it have the old flag on the tail? Either way, I like the creativity involved here. Model on!! :party0023:

Thanks for the support, guys!! The timeframe the F.4 Meteor could have been in the RCAF would be different from the markings i used, and you're right, the old flag would have been used. I used these decals because i had them, and...... nothing more than that. I had time to apply Florys dark dirt wash. The molded rivet panel detail is great on this kit, lost some of it cleaning up seams. I also didn't prime it, so the silver has some uneven appearances :( . A few pics of progress.

IMG_4523_zpsvarc5yyw.jpg

IMG_4524_zpsvbzhjoem.jpg

IMG_4528_zpspj6zlkvt.jpg

IMG_4529_zpshhbmubod.jpg

IMG_4532_zpscfzlfxsr.jpg

Don