Spitfire IIa of 1690 BDTF: finished 3 March (RIP)

mozart

Easy fix agreed Shawn but a time consuming one and one that shouldn't have been necessary if I'd paid a little more attention when masking yesterday. Anyway, it's fixed now and the fuselage roundels completed, just the tail fin to go before I consider serial numbers and a code letter.

Max

Know how you feel Max I had a bit of a disaster doing the markings on my MDC Typhoon it came out fine in the end but it was time consuming.

Cheers

Dennis

I have two things on my side Dennis: time and patience! I was just annoyed with myself for having made such a stupid mistake, injured pride I guess!!! :)

nice work Max!

Im gonna try to get started on the belly of mine tonight...so close to finishing

Keep plugging away Shawn, it's fun......remember?! :)

I'm not......Harv

You will Harv, pedigree always shows!

Max

Thanks chaps, yes I'm pleased with the Montex masks inspite of my earlier scepticism. I'm going to use a scrap of spare vinyl to do the letter (L cos it's easy!) today then think about the serial numbers, stencil or decals.

Max

A productive afternoon with the tail-end!  I was going through some of my used Miracle masks from my Harvard and found an unused "E" (never throw anything away!!) so E she is, though I only had the one so the mask had to be carefully removed before being "re-cycled".  The stripes on the tail was just a question of masking tape re-positioned on a white base.

DSCN9628_zpsbmc3wjyl.jpg

DSCN9627_zpsjtaczksk.jpg

I've also been experimenting with cutting the serial P8177 and her name "NORTH BORNEO II" on the Silhouette cutter, I think once I've got the right vinyl sheet (my current stuff is too thick and sticky) the serial's certainly going to be OK and possibly the name with a bit of fiddling.
Max