mozart

Spitfire IIa of 1690 BDTF: finished 3 March (RIP)

A neat improvement on the flaps Max. The added depth should be obvious with a little wash and dry-brush.

The Tamiya kit comes with an etched metal part for the trailing edge of the flap to give that "saw-toothed" detail of triangular bracing at the tip of each rib. I'm not sure whether it would fit the Revell kit (or make a dramatic difference for that matter) but I could have a look for you if you think it would be worth it. I shan't be using the ones in my model so you if you could find them a good home you'd be welcome to them.

Keep at it.

Cheers.

Thanks Guy, I appreciate the offer but on this occasion I think I'll leave as is. I think the extra detailing that I've done on the flaps is probably enough for this Spit. I've sprayed them aluminium and added a couple of "cockpit style" placards as noted from period pictures.

Max

That Yahu IP is a real gem isn't it.

Really enjoying this build Max and just hope I can get somewhere near as good with my two builds!

That Yahu IP is a real gem isn't it.

Really enjoying this build Max and just hope I can get somewhere near as good with my two builds!

Thanks Shoggz, Yes I could get hooked on Yahu's stuff, great quality.  There are some excellent Spitfire builds to study and take note of, I always read and pinch others' ideas to help my build go more smoothly but I usually try to put my own "twist" on my builds.  I shall look forward to following yours!

Max,

Exemplary work so far... :m0152:

I will come back to see more of your lovely work. :party0023:

MARU 5137 :piliot:

You know you're welcome any time Maru.....the kettle's usually on! :)

Max

Since Pb is down I can't post any pics but suffice to say that my Ocean Grey, Medium Sea Grey and Dark Green Mr Paints have arrived and the Spit has received a top coat of OG, pretty boring picture anyway it would have been! :). Busy with visitors over the weekend so modelling time will be NIL! :(

Max

First coat of Ocean Grey, I'll be doing another one at least, just a dusting, to get a little tonal variation:

DSCN9567_zpsrzbuofip.jpg

Hoping to start the DG later today after the visitors have gone!! :)

Max

Guest Peterpools

Max

Wonderful progress on the Spit and looking forward tot he cammo work  ..

Keep 'em coming

Peter

So a couple of light coats of Ocean Grey and now I'm trying the lazy man's way of masking!  I found a good profile of the camouflage, enlarged it to 1/32nd scale then cut out the appropriate bits which are held in place by blu-tac and masking tape.  This may or not not work, we'll see:

DSCN9594_zps7t8qaz9a.jpg

Max