Wingnut Albatros + Aviattic Marienfelde Lorry - Towing Diorama Progres

seiran01

• 3 weeks later...

Have been playing with wood staining this weekend, the goal is to depict the truck bed as scuffed paint revealing grey, dry/cracked wood beneath. Oh and a few things to make it look a "little bit" used.

Wood grain was a mix of vandyke brown and payne gray oils, thinned and streaked over a base of tamiya medium gray - this gray has a slightly brownish tint to it.  Pretty pleased with the result, so I forged ahead and painted the truck bed lightly.

The mess on the truck bed is a combo of truck rust pigment very lightly brushed, Mig PLW Green Brown wash splattered on using a large soft brush (and then very lightly streaked and blended in while still wet), and then mig engine oil splattered in a few places.  I've never attempted this before and I'm absolutely in love with the result!

Pic 1: the wood grain experiment:

2CB897E7-7705-4611-9A10-D83577C7AA73_zps

Pic 2: End result!

FBED94A4-021D-4899-8FC5-613E96A2EC82_zps

• 3 months later...

It's been a bit of a break, but the Marienfelde is nearly complete! Just some PE latchesfor the folding sides and touch up painting remain.  And then we can proceed with the rest of the Albatros build! Loving how this came out  :yahoo:

Jumo engine placement just to annoy the purists, it's from the ZM Horten 229 on Bo Monroe's WWI engine stand purchased through Shapeways

2250A5BA-17E6-4C26-8317-879977A446A9_zps

0AE61A5C-17F9-4EF1-9DCE-A1897BFDAA1E_zps

BDCE56DA-5EB0-4365-AD0C-6D0DCA54A217_zps

A jet truck in the early 1900's, what a great idea :speak_cool:  i bet Von Richthofen wanted to drive that vehicle :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now serieus, that's a very interesting dio Mike, great choise on the subject and very nice work on the Daimler truck. This will give the WNW Albatross great justice to the whole dio.

:goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

Greetz

Danny